“not so cheap”
Review of Best Budget Inn

Best Budget Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Marcos
Best Budget Inn
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Houston, Texas
“not so cheap”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We paid $35 per night.. but they stole my credit card information and bought $75 worth of food at Pluckers... which was right down the street.

Weird people living there. As we walked up to the office the owners were making out at the front office.. in the open. Ghetto place. Smelled like cigarets. Everything was dirty. Avoid this place, pay a little more somewhere else. Not worth the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bernardo P

Solo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The place is as nasty as you can get! The beds are full of something that made our 4 yr. Old sick. The a.c. didn't work so the owner tried a cheap alternative and exchanged it with one from his other motel across the highway. Well he was to lazy himself to bring it to us so therefore my husband had to waste his gas and go pick it up and not to mention my husband also had to put it in. Well the a.c. unit kept tripping the breaker and the owner got upset because he had to goto Walmart and spend money on a window unit. These room are not clean. Asked to use the mop to mop the room and it left a nasty smell. I do NOT recommend this motel to anyone what so ever!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank RebelHeart73
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Good Price and negotiation's
(BAD ROOM) smelled like cigarette Smoke
Roaches in the bathroom, floors dirty, Very Dark at Night Main Sign Out,
I went in to look before we bought and didn't even stay in the room for 5 mins
People getting wasted on drugs and alcohol...

Needs Work Best wishes for the owners
POOR ..... Needs improvements!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephen K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We thought with such a low price, how bad can this hotel be, right? It is scary bad and probably the worst hotel I have ever seen. We refused to stay and ended up down the street.

Before you stay, check out the lock on the door. It is a simple push and a crook would be in the room with you. Also check out the number of rooms occupied by people who live there all of the time.

Now look at the floor - wood? tile? carpet? not sure.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LA
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This has to be my worse experience in years-room very dirty but the worse part was finding big bed bugs all over the bed. in addition the women/manager had a real bad attitude! unless you like the feeling of bed bugs,I highly recommend staying away from this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Unfortunately,a few friends and I were forced to stay at this god awful hotel because it was during spring break and everything else was booked solid. At first, the key we were given to access the room did not work and we had to go get another one. Little did we know, a key was barely required to enter the room because the door would not lock properly. Upon entering the room the first thing we noticed was the terrible smell. It's hard to describe exactly, but it reminded me of nasty body odor and wet dog smell, maybe with a hint of rotting animal. Upon closer inspection later on in the night we found that the source of the smell was coming from the comforters on the bed. It is quite possible that they had not been washed in a year. That would honestly not surprise me at all. The bathroom door was only on one hinge and would not close. I'm not sure how the actual bathroom was, we tried to avoid it. One of the beds was actually just three mattresses stacked up, and one of them also had a crusty spot on it which we can only imagine as to what it originated from. We also found a significantly larger, brown crusty spot on the carpet in one of the corners. One of the walls also had a very large crack/hole in it which someone had tried to conceal with masking tape. We decided to go out to inspect the pool. There was only about a foot of water in it, and the water was so black we could not see the bottom of the pool. On top of that, there was a large quantity of things floating in the pool, mainly children's toys, which I personally found a little creepy. And as if that wasn't enough, we found a condom as well.

To conclude my review, I am very surprised that we were not all brutally murdered in our sleep. If the situation arises that this is the only available place to stay, I would suggest sleeping in your car somewhere or even finding a nice spot under a bridge.

• Liked — That I was still alive the next morning and that I didn't contract some horrible disease.
  • Disliked — Honestly, everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank krazedferret
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Hotel was really dirty, room looked like it hadn't been cleaned ever! Room was extremely small, cramped, and was not even worth the money paid! Bathtub and sink had nasty rings around them! Never stay here!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Nasty, dirty, small cramped room!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank txan