WINNER WONDERLAND

“Unexpected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson San Marcos

Howard Johnson San Marcos
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our two night stay was good for the price. The room was clean and service good.. A floor lamp was not working, and the management replaced it immediately. We found the front office and breakfast area clean and well
decorated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

kim8610, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson San Marcos, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and please contact me if I can ever be of assistance.mike patel general manager
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My normal hotel was booked for the weekend so I booked Howard Johnson because the price was similar and the location was close to where I usually stay I was disappointed in the curb appeal and the rooms. The rooms were very dark and the ceilings were very low. I found what appeared to be a very dried up earthworm under the sheets in my bed. The bathroom had a jetted bathtub that you had to be crazy to turn on. When I asked for a couple of additional towels and wash clothes, I was told they could only give me one of each because they others were being washed. This was at 11pm at night. The carpet has several tears in it throughout the room. The one bright spot was the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel.

We apologize for the poor service you received from our staff during your stay. That is definitely not up to the standards we set for customer service, and corporate has been notified. We will be investigating this matter to ensure poor service such as this does not continue. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me mike patel at your earliest convenience.

Travelers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. I will definitely use these accomodations when I come to visit my daughter. It is close to her apartment and in close proximity to shopping, restaurants and other San Marcos attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Camille S
kim8610, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson San Marcos, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was my first time to ever stay at a Howard Johnson Hotel. I would say it was more of a motel instead of a hotel. (You just don't expect much from a Motel). I paid $135 for one night and for the same price I could have stayed at a more upgraded/updated "Hotel". However the service folks were very kind. The room was just very old and although is appeared clean at first glimps, it just didn't feel germ-free clean. It wouldn't hurt if they had the carpets shampood or something to help with the damp smell. It's certainly time for them to purchase new matteresses for the room I was in! The parking situation was horrible. There wasn't enough parking spaces for all the guest. All-in-all I would stay there again only if other hotels in the area have no available vacancies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo