“Near everything”

Howard Johnson San Marcos
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent location to get to the outlet malls and the university. Cheap choice that includes a basic breakfast. I arrived late and they had everything ready to Check in, the reception was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
kim8610, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and please contact me if I can ever be of assistance.mike patel general manager

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel was close to everything and easy to find. The room was a bit dated for my taste. The bed was confortable and the AC worked just fine. The room was clean with the exception of the restroom. There were jets in the tub, but they looked as if they hadn’t been used or cleaned in some time, so we showered. I also noticed that the exhaust fan above the tub was full of dust. I felt that the hotel was a bit pricey based on what was offered. It was a little cramped during breakfast, as there are only two tables. However, the selection was pretty good. The biggest complaint we have is that on our second night, they ran out of parking spaces. I went into the office, and they instructed us to park in the gravel next to the pool. There were 2 other cars parked in the grass nearby. However, they were the cheapest room in town with a better than average rating. I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel.

We apologize for the poor service you received from our staff during your stay. That is definitely not up to the standards we set for customer service, and corporate has been notified. We will be investigating this matter to ensure poor service such as this does not continue. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me mike patel at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our visit to Texas State University required a one night stay in San Marcos. I reserved the room online and received my Military discount. We arrived late in the night. The reception was friendy and succinct. Our room was clean and comfortable. Everything worked perfectly ie Internet, TV, bath and shower. The night manager met all of our needs. Breakfast was included and my daughters commented that the waffles and cereals were exceptionally good. Check out was quick and uneventful as we left early to begin our day. I would stay at this location again if the need arose.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was awesome because it's very affordable with great customer service, breakfast with it's location close to downtown area. I had lots of with travel guide information for to San Antonio and Austin. It was the best experience ever in my life to be a part of. I recommend the Texas waffles with five star rating.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank Debra A

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We checked to make sure pets were not prohibited. Then, after we had checked in and in our room for about an hour, we were told we could not have our dogs in our room. Well, now it was almost 9 at night and really too late to find another room. They charged as $40 for the two small well behaved dogs.
Room was a flash back to the 70s. 70's decor, 70's paint scheme. Just plain tacky. Not to mention, the room smelled old.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience from you stay with us. I certainly understand your frustration given the problems you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with our team to take immediate corrective action. I would appreciate the opportunity to address this with your personally. If you would, please drop me an email at mayank_363@yahoo.com. Thank you, mike patel, General Manager.

Reviewed July 18, 2013