“Great Place To Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This Hampton Inn is always quiet, clean, friendly and is so convenient to everything in a 100 mile radius. I love staying at Hampton Inns. I wish they allowed pets. That would be my only complaint, as sometimes it is necessary to travel with my small dog (such as hurricane evcuations).

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed at this particular Hotel several times and have been extremely satisfied on each stay. The staff is always helpful and insures our experience is first rate. The rooms as well as the common areas and elevators are always clean, as well as smelling fresh. I will continue to patronize this location for my stays when I travel to the area.

Thank Chief J. D. G
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked my room online using my Hilton Honors account. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed I was already checked in. It was determined someone checked in under my name. Also, when I booked my room online, I got an upgrade and thought my family would be comfortable. To my surprise, when they gave my room away, they have away my UPGRADED room. I had to settle for a regular room (we were cramped) but we had a place to lay our head. The scary thing is...the person checked in and signed their name on the check in slip. It had all of my information not theirs. The hotel staff did not verify the identity of the person checking in. Lastly, since my Hilton Honors account links to my Credit Card, I could have been charged twice (once for my room and once for the other person's room - both rooms used my Hilton Honors account to check in). They did not verify the form of payment. The ONLY thing they offered me was to move me to a new room and told me I had to phone Hilton Honors to get my points back. Hilton Honors kindly phoned the hotel to explain the seriousness of the matter and they deactivated the room key of the other room. They finally got it straightened out. They told me the hotel staff should keep me informed of everything going on. I never heard from them. I went downstairs (they wouldn't answer my call when I phoned from my room) and she told me, 'oh we got it all taken care of'. Yikes. Needless to say, I wanted to cancel my reservation and stay elsewhere. I am very disappointed and have told a lot of people about this. I stay at Hamptons across the country and NEVER been treated this way.

2  Thank Alaina D
Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is a UPS delivery hub next to hotel. They blow their horns every time they back up - constantly. very irritating. My mattress was not good at all, which is unusual for Hampton Inns. Everything else was OK.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed for four nights at the Hampton Inn in San Marcos, TX in May, 2014. The room was very nice. Very clean and alway well kept by the hotel staff. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is the breakfast was not very good. I stayed here last year and it was the same way. Hotel was very nice but the breakfast was not good. Would I stay here again, absolutely! But, I will look for better breakfast options in San Marcos.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I did not expect this hotel to be as good as it was because it is in a college town. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast could have been better but everything else was good.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and been very happy each time with the cleanliness of the property and courtesy of the staff. The price seemed a little high but found upon comparison shopping that it was in line with other quality properties in the area. We always feel safe and secure in the area as well. It's location is great for the shopping we enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends