“Never a problem”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotel is top notch and with best rate, the best deal within 50+ miles. I showed up without a reservation - on a Monday - and I didn't have my Hilton Honors id with me. The front desk accommodated me quickly and painlessly. I had a very nice king room - everything from lobby, halls and room/bath were clean and fresh. I only had time for a banana for breakfast - and they had a bunch of good ones! That doesn't happen everywhere. I feel safe and well taken care of here - important when traveling alone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paula E

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wonderful facility! Clean. Excellent breakfast - friendly front staff - quick check in! Front office staff even helped me find local eating spots and good shopping. Facility was very clean and no concerns were noted anywhere in this facility.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paige J
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I decided to do an off-the-cuff trip for my family and I was initially intending to stay at a Hilton Hotel but the closest location was in Austin. I decided that we would stay at this location and it was an awesome experience. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. They were also very knowledgeable of the area and fun things that we could do. I loved staying here and will make sure that I stay here during my next visit to Sam Marcos.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Couldn't have asked for nicer accommodations, especially after having a horrible previous experience at another hotel in the area at higher price. Our room was so Clean, Fresh Smell, Comfy Bed etc. Beautiful, Comfortable lobby as well. Thank you for a perfect football weekend, Sharon from Fort Worth, TX

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharron V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Friendly staff, good location, clean and comfortable rooms. Read other reviews of hotels & B&Bs in the area and chose this one. Glad we did. Walking distance to Stokes Park with easy access to the river. We'll stay here on our next visit to San Marcos.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We travel to San Marcos periodically to visit our kids at Texas State University. This hotel is close to campus, very clean, has an attentive staff and a wonderful free breakfast. Just wish it served breakfast later than 10am on weekends. Pretty small pillows for a king bed, so you may want to bring one from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and nice and everything worked well. The breakfast and coffee were great. Would stay here again. Good restaurants and the outlet mall is close by. Just seemed a little high priced for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family