“Another good stay in San Marcos”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Marcos
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Alvin, Texas
“Another good stay in San Marcos”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had stayed at the hotel four years ago and were impressed with the service and the hotel. Without question, we choose to return and this time kids in tow. My 3 y/o and 1 y/o had fun in the pool and the refigerator in the room was perfect to keep their juice and milk cold. The staff was excellent and helpful. The breakfast was perfect for the kids and fresh. The room was clean and the halls were clean. The hotel said they were in teh middle of a remodel but you were not able to tell there was construction going on at the time of our stay. I am glad to see they are staying on top of keeping this hotel clean and up to date. Really like the fact they pass on non used items to a local Womens Shelter.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Checked the San Marcos reviews and most value hotels in the area rated unclean. Found the Hampton very clean, full of amenities and very convenient to outlets stores. Great hot breakfast to fill up on before a day of shopping.

Only drawback is that hallways definitely reveal the high usage the place gets. Book early, this place fills up fast!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank gravesbl
Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed one night here and really enjoyed it. Nice, clean and quiet! Friendly front desk staff. I was a little concerned that we had been given a room right by the elevator on the 3rd floor but it proved to be so quiet I would never know the elevator was near by. The pool was fun too! We checked out the exercise room available though we didn't get around to using it. Breakfast included fresh cut fruit, cereal, bagels, english muffins, danishes, Yoplait yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, omlets, bacon and a make-you-own belgian waffle bar. There was also a small little "store" next to the front desk where you can you buy anything you might have forgotten, from snacks to deodorant. Pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank camille87
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was put up here for a trip, so I didn't pick this myself. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The front desk person was friendly and welcoming. The lobby is nicely decorated, and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was standard continental hotel breakfast with the addition of eggs and sausage - nothing to complain about.

For a basic hotel near the Interstate in San Marcos, this is a very good option.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
monterrey, mexico
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We reserved two rooms and were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a suite. Hotel is very well located, with several restaurants at walking distance. Clean rooms, good breakfast, and very good price. The weather didn't allow us to enjoy the pool, maybe next time. We love Hampton Inn beds. Thanks to the manager and personnel !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Previous reviews indicated a less than stellar stay but I was very impressed with this hotel. They were just finishing up a lobby remodel. The rooms were very clean with excellent a/c units, flat screen TVs with multiple channels and a good bed. The breakfast was exceptional with many choices and plenty of seating. I had a room facing the pool which I thought might be a disadvantage, noise-wise but with the a/c on it was fine. There are numerous restaurants around the hotel and the outlet malls are just a few exits down. I would sat there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Shamally
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The room was on the first floor and very moldy. It was also very small for a King Suite....not what I was expecting. My daughter is an asthmatic and had a very hard time breathing. It was not very clean, either. I was VERY surprised since I have always been happy when I stayed at other Hampton Inn's. Plus, when I was getting ready to leave, I called for a later checkout, just an extra half hour, and they refused. I have never, ever had this happen before. That morning I was awakened to a lot of loud walking and furniture moving, etc. above our room. I was not sure if this was from the maids' quarters that may have been above us or what, but it woke me around 8:00 in the morning and never stopped until we checked out at 12:00. Anyway, I would NOT recommend this hotel. It was a very unpleasant stay and way overpriced.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family