“Clean Modern Sofisticated Rooms!”

Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The room was very clean with amenities I would expect of 5 star hotels. I have stayed at many Motel 6's and have always been satisfied. I would definately look forward to staying at this location again! Thanks Motel 6 for leaving the LIGHT ON for me!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2010

This was a one night stay on the way home. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.This was probally over copensation for the poor conditon of the room, from the time we walked in it smelt like urine, there were hairs swept into the corners in the bathroom and my wife had a bug get on her in the middle of the night. The staff covered the smell up with spray instead of giving us another room. I would not recommend this hotel nor will I stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Me and a couple of my friends on July 18 took a trip to san Marcos we checked and left we were gone for 2 hours....when we came back our hotel door was OPEN...and ALL OF ARE LUGGAGE WAS STOLE AND PEE ON OUR PILLOW CASES>... the people and the front desk seemed very shady and were very eager to give us our money back with no questions! the cops arrived and another room looked like it had been broken into...there was no forced entry into the doors so who ever opended it had A KEY....sooo NEVER STAY AT MOTEL or MOTEL 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The bed cover, full of gross staings and smells
The bed sheets stained with feces and pubic hairs and dirt
Pubic hairs on the towels
The floor bubbled up all over the place
Enough said!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We loved our stay. The room are all updated with the new modern design. Hardwood floors is a nice added touch. The room was very clean and worth the $68 it cost to stay there. Great job!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My son and I went down for a couple days to go to Shlitterbahn and didn't want to pay alot for a motel. Was a little wary of this one because of prior reviews, but thought I would take a chance and am glad we did!! The customer service was great and the new renovations to the rooms were excellent!! The new decor is so up to date and my son was impressed with the flat panel TV! I love the laminate floor much better than carpet--who knows what is lurking in the carpet?????? We arrived back from a day at Schlitterbahn and the maid was next door and asked did we need anything which I thought was great customer service. It is perfectly located-close to the outlet malls, and the waterparks and restaurants. The price of the room was great if you booked online (and still good if you checked in there) If you do your homework and check out the motels before you book into one, you would find out they had a fee for the internet (which at that, was only $2.99 a nite) We were on a mini vacation, so there was no need for the internet!!! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed here because it was late and we were tired. Although the room we stayed in was clean and remodeled, it is still not up to the caliber of some of the hotels listed on hotwire or even priceline. You will find nicer hotels at equal or lower rates. There are no hairdryers or ironing boards in the rooms as are in most hotels. You get a bath, a bathroom and a TV and oh yes, free coffee in the AM. Yay! Also, be aware that even though they advertise wireless access they do not verbally inform you that they have a separate charge for internet service. You don't find that out until you are in the room and have your laptop hooked up and ready to go. They do verbally inform you of the price of the room and taxes involved so why not the extra charge? They expect you to read every sign in the place to find out. I find this to be deceptive.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple