“HORRIBLE SHADY! and dirty place DO NOT STAY THIER!!!”

Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Me and a couple of my friends on July 18 took a trip to san Marcos we checked and left we were gone for 2 hours....when we came back our hotel door was OPEN...and ALL OF ARE LUGGAGE WAS STOLE AND PEE ON OUR PILLOW CASES>... the people and the front desk seemed very shady and were very eager to give us our money back with no questions! the cops arrived and another room looked like it had been broken into...there was no forced entry into the doors so who ever opended it had A KEY....sooo NEVER STAY AT MOTEL or MOTEL 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 13, 2009

The bed cover, full of gross staings and smells
The bed sheets stained with feces and pubic hairs and dirt
Pubic hairs on the towels
The floor bubbled up all over the place
Enough said!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We loved our stay. The room are all updated with the new modern design. Hardwood floors is a nice added touch. The room was very clean and worth the $68 it cost to stay there. Great job!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My son and I went down for a couple days to go to Shlitterbahn and didn't want to pay alot for a motel. Was a little wary of this one because of prior reviews, but thought I would take a chance and am glad we did!! The customer service was great and the new renovations to the rooms were excellent!! The new decor is so up to date and my son was impressed with the flat panel TV! I love the laminate floor much better than carpet--who knows what is lurking in the carpet?????? We arrived back from a day at Schlitterbahn and the maid was next door and asked did we need anything which I thought was great customer service. It is perfectly located-close to the outlet malls, and the waterparks and restaurants. The price of the room was great if you booked online (and still good if you checked in there) If you do your homework and check out the motels before you book into one, you would find out they had a fee for the internet (which at that, was only $2.99 a nite) We were on a mini vacation, so there was no need for the internet!!! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed here because it was late and we were tired. Although the room we stayed in was clean and remodeled, it is still not up to the caliber of some of the hotels listed on hotwire or even priceline. You will find nicer hotels at equal or lower rates. There are no hairdryers or ironing boards in the rooms as are in most hotels. You get a bath, a bathroom and a TV and oh yes, free coffee in the AM. Yay! Also, be aware that even though they advertise wireless access they do not verbally inform you that they have a separate charge for internet service. You don't find that out until you are in the room and have your laptop hooked up and ready to go. They do verbally inform you of the price of the room and taxes involved so why not the extra charge? They expect you to read every sign in the place to find out. I find this to be deceptive.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

As soon as I arrived I felt welcome...awesome customer service...friendly and attentive personel......friendly smiles.....i felt comfortable as soon as i walked in my room....the rooms were clean and up to date ....want to be comfortable and not pay too much i recomend this motel....My thx to the ladies and staff that made my stay great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2009

This is the worst stay I have ever stayed at in MY ENTIRE LIFE (I'm 40 and have experienced some bad stays but this takes the cake)! Upon check-in...reservation was lost. Rate was incorrect and had to get that corrected. Room sheets were nasty and room looked like it had not been cleaned. If any other hotel had rooms I would have left at this point. Had to go to Wal-Mart and buy new bedding before going to bed just to feel sanitary. Wi-Fi I was told hotel had, actually had to be purchased for 2.99 a day. However, once card was purchased never could get to work in room. I was given 800 # to call. Spent 2 hours on phone with tech support openning a trouble ticket and I was advised that it would be corrected within 24 hours. Next day same problem. Called 800 # and asked if I could check out early with no penalty. They said all I would need to do is go to front desk and let them know. Original reservation was for 3 days but checked out after second day. When I recieved credit card statement, I was charged for all three nights. I have been disputing charge with Motel 6 for over 6 months now, guess that's why they call it Motel 6. BEWARE - IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM IT WILL NOT BE RESOLVED...ENTIRE STAFF IS INCOMPETENT! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bfozzy