“Not as great as everyone says.”
Review of Kip's Texas BBQ - CLOSED

Kip's Texas BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went to this place because of all the good reviews on tripadvisor. Wasn't anything but a whole in the wall. Was not customer friendly. We basically had to figure out the procedure on our own. The food was cold and not all that great.The ribs were tough. Their sauce taste awful. The best way to describe it is that it taste like Ranch Style beans juice watered down with vinegar. We have decided not to go by tripadvisor anymore. This is not the first time we have been stuck but it will be the last.

1  Thank Starvinartist

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The food was really good . The cashier was very grumpy. I would go back again

1  Thank Trumpetgenius
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We almost bypassed this spot due to its location in an off the access road mini-strip mall. We stopped in shortly before closing, but were greeted in a friendly manner and welcomed to come in and take our time. The food was as great as the people working--one of which happened to be Kip himself. The jalapeno cornbread was fantastice, but you better have your antacids handy if you get the pinto beans---very spicy!

1  Thank centralPALynn
Reviewed April 24, 2012

About a month back, I stopped in at Kip's and got some brisket to go and it was darn good. Kip told me I really needed to try the ribs and he gave me one for free. Darn good rib, but I had to wonder if he "cherry-picked" the best one. This time I got a pound of those ribs (6 big meaty ones) and they were the best ribs I think I ever had (and I have had few ribs in Texas). Lean, meaty, flavorful and perfectly smoked. Great sauce too. Even in the best barbeque part of the world, this place stands out!

1  Thank alindal
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stopped on the way back from Lady Bird Johson Wild Flower Center. My sister had heard about it from Guy Fieri's website. We were not dissapointed. Very inexpensive. We had the chopped BBQ pork sandwich and a side with drink special. Big sandwich and the sides were great! It is at the end of a strip mall. Very personable staff. Thanks for a great lunch that is easy on the purse strings!

2  Thank rckl0382