“Dirty and worn”

Red Roof Inn San Marcos
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel chain promises great rooms, comfy beds and "budget conscious rates." However, we got none of those things. Our room was dirty with some personal dirty items from the previous occupants. The bathroom floor was dirty and looked like it had not been scrubbed in a long time. The towels were worn and thin, and hardly white. In addition to my room, I rented two others for family members and they complained of similar issues. As well, the hair dryer did not work at one of them.
In addition, The room and lobby decor were very dated and again looked dirty. The pool was used by our children only once, as it was dirty. The continental breakfast forced us to seek other options to eat in the morning.
I am from a large metropolitan area and I have paid the same rates here for much better, cleaner accommodations. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appriciate the feedback from your recent stay.I am sorry that you received apoor level of service.I have discussed this with our staff and we took care of the issue.In future if you are visiting this area we would love to have you come back and experience the improved level of service.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived quite late in the evening and very nice lady on duty checked us in. Upon arriving in room my eyes noticed stains on the carpert. Upon entering bathroom noticed old stains and dirt in corners especially by the tub. Really needs updated, the hot water never got warmer luke warm. Noticed french fries left by last occupants on floor not very well cleaned. The towels in bathroom were very rough felt like sandpaper. I have stayed in Red Roof before would not recommend this one until it is updated.

Room Tip: If you choose to use this hotel ask the clerk to see the room before you accept it. Rooms facing hi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I appriciate the feedback from your recent stay.I appologies for your inconvinient stay. I have discussed with our staff and we took care of the problem.

Mike patel

general Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel itself seems fine. The rooms, while not luxurious, are large and reasonably clean. The furniture is not new - the desk chair has a torn arm, looks worn. There is a mini-fridge. The TV is a flat screen. The bathroom fixtures are not new either, but everything is adequate. The front desk person was very nice as we checked in. We requested to be on the back side of the hotel as the front is right on I-35, a very busy and noisy highway. But the back of the property butts right up against private houses, one of which has a LARGE dog with a very deep and noisy bark. If we open the curtains, we can see the fence not 3 feet away, as well as quite a lot of discarded construction materials, window screens, etc. Needs to be cleaned up. I don't know what they can do about that dog, however. I did bring earplugs and I will probably need them.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, because on one side you have the highway, on the other side barking dogs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

I appriciate the feedback recent stay.I am sorry that you received a poor level of service and the out side noise.i am going to talk to the city police department about the dog barking.Regarding the service I have discussed this with our staff.I am really sorry about your uncomfortable stay.

Sincerly,

Mike Patel

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many branches of Red Roof Inns before, I didn't like the onse before, but this was surprisingly marvelous. It was clean, neet, calm and well organized, the staff was very friendly especially Mike.

• Stayed: March 2013
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

we appriciate your taking time to share your feelings.we are pleased that you enjoyed your
stay at Red Roof Inn at san Marcos,tx.

we appriciate your support and looking forword to seeing you again in your future trips in our area.

mike patel

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for a competition for my daughter. We had to change our stay dates and ended up with a xtra guest. The hotel staff was very gracious about this. They provided us w/ xtra towels for our xtra guests. The rooms were accessed from inside. I liked that. The hallway was a little dated but well lit. The room was clean and comfortable. Quiet, although next to the frwy. The breakfast bar was wll stocked nad very good. Chice of ceral muffins nd bagels. ****Note. Don't follow your GPS it puts you 3 exits down and in a field. We had to get directions from a gas station, a little confusing.....We enjoyed our stay and will go back....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feelings regarding your recent stay with your family,at the Red Roof
Inn at san Marcos,tx.
I will make sure to share your thoughts with our team.Feed back from our valuable guest is always very helpful to improve the quality of our service by correcting any error.

Thank you again and we look forword to seeing you in your future trips.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked our reservation about a week in advance through Booking.com we got a good rate.If you book early you will get a good rate.The rooms are beautiful..they match the staff.We had a great time.We just checked out..needless to say...this is our hotel for future trips when we come to visit our family in Kyle.I know their are a lot of choices for hotels,and this was our choice.Thank you to the wonderful staff..see you soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Book at least a week in advance if you can for the best rate,you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ConnieBPleasanton
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at San Marcos,Tx Red Roof Inn.
I will make sure to share your feelings with our team.Feed back from our guest is always welcome which help us to improve the quality of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.We look forword to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed here on an extended stay business trip, and this hotel couldn't have been more ideal for the location in San Marcos. I ESPECIALLY enjoyed the peace and quie, since I was on business.

• Stayed: February 2013
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the San Marcos Red Roof.