“Great value”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Dickinson, Texas, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for a competition for my daughter. We had to change our stay dates and ended up with a xtra guest. The hotel staff was very gracious about this. They provided us w/ xtra towels for our xtra guests. The rooms were accessed from inside. I liked that. The hallway was a little dated but well lit. The room was clean and comfortable. Quiet, although next to the frwy. The breakfast bar was wll stocked nad very good. Chice of ceral muffins nd bagels. ****Note. Don't follow your GPS it puts you 3 exits down and in a field. We had to get directions from a gas station, a little confusing.....We enjoyed our stay and will go back....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feelings regarding your recent stay with your family,at the Red Roof
Inn at san Marcos,tx.
I will make sure to share your thoughts with our team.Feed back from our valuable guest is always very helpful to improve the quality of our service by correcting any error.

Thank you again and we look forword to seeing you in your future trips.

Sincerely

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pleasanton
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked our reservation about a week in advance through Booking.com we got a good rate.If you book early you will get a good rate.The rooms are beautiful..they match the staff.We had a great time.We just checked out..needless to say...this is our hotel for future trips when we come to visit our family in Kyle.I know their are a lot of choices for hotels,and this was our choice.Thank you to the wonderful staff..see you soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Book at least a week in advance if you can for the best rate,you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ConnieBPleasanton
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at San Marcos,Tx Red Roof Inn.
I will make sure to share your feelings with our team.Feed back from our guest is always welcome which help us to improve the quality of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.We look forword to seeing you in your future travels.

General Manager.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed here on an extended stay business trip, and this hotel couldn't have been more ideal for the location in San Marcos. I ESPECIALLY enjoyed the peace and quie, since I was on business.

• Stayed February 2013
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the San Marcos Red Roof.

Fulton, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My mom & I stayed 2 nights here & Jim was the most helpful & kind person that I have ever met in a Hotel. Please commend him for his kindness & being so help w/everythink that I had questions about.

Mrs. Micheale Otis
Mrs. Bobbie Hoofard

Room Tip: All around great Hotel & helpful staff...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We recently stayed here to visit my daughter at TX State University. I read reviews saying they were in the midst of remodling, but this wasn't an issue while we were there. The King room (#100) we had was comfortable and clean. The staff were nice, and kept coffee in the lobby until I went to bed at midnight at least. They allow one dog per room with an additional fee if you have 2. They do serve a continental breakfast, but we ate at IHOP with my daughter and her boyfriend. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in Suite #100. It was newly remodled and looked to be complete. Plus, it is located just beh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share your feelings.I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Red roof inn at San Marcos,Tx.

I will make sure to share your comments with the team.Feedback from our guest is always encouraging as we strive to improve the quality.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Sicerely.

Mahesh Patel.
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 for 2 nights. There is not an elevator so the front desk was happy to change my room to a ground floor room. They warned me that the only room on the ground floor had issues with the t.v. but that they would be there to fix it, which they did. The toilet was making a horrid noise so I immediately reported it and they fixed it immediately. The staff was very friendly and seems to be comprised of the family that owns the hotel. The rooms were a bit shabby but they were very clean. There was an incident where the police had to be called on another patron but they handled it well. The pool was clean and the washer/dryer worked. All in all it was an uneventful stay and the hotel was adequate.

Room Tip: If you don't want to carry bags up stairs then ask for a ground floor room because there is no e...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feelings about our proparty.I feel sorry that ypur stay was
not the best that it could have.Please accept my apology.We took care of the problem you have faced.Please visit us again when you are in out area.

Thank you.
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Was disappointed in this Red Roof Inn. Walked in and asked for room non smoking any size bed ok. Rate she said was $69 and I asked for AAA discount, she then seemed perturbed because she then said your already getting it at good price. We walked into room and walked right out due to smell-mildew smell.
We asked for another room and all they had was 2 beds which she made sure to tell me they arent allowed to give that room type for same price as I had gotten for king. I dont care what happened to making guest comfortable and want to stay? She did end up giving room at same rate. That room had stains on carpet, shades on light fixtures broken, bathroom fan/light not working properly, overall bathroom dirty. Toilet needs caulked down it kept lifting when you got up. Furniture looked old and worn. Bed was comfortable. Id rather of spent little more for other hotels. Good location. No hot breakfast, no coffee pot. Did have microwave and fridge

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank darlynnski
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest.

tahnk you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Red Roof inn San Marcos Tx.

I will make sure to share this comments with rest of our team.Feedback from our guest is alwayes welcome as we strive to continuously improve our quality of service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.