“very acceptable !”
Review of Super 8 San Marcos

Super 8 San Marcos
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed November 11, 2012

For a hotel in this price range, we had no complaints. The staff was friendly, the room comfortable and very well located for our visit (we were there to shop @ the outlet malls.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank GEORGE W
There are newer reviews for Super 8 San Marcos

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you are on a budget, this Super 8 is a good choice. Needs some upgrades but basically clean and comfortable.Close to Texas State and convienient to all area attractions. If you come to shop at the outlet mall save money by staying here and buy more shopping. The breakfast is average continental with no frills. But couldn't find a newspaper for free or to purdhase anywhere on site.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I got a good deal on the room! I've stayed at many Super 8 motels and I never quite know what to expect. So, I booked hoping for just a "clean" room. It was! The check-in was easy. The clerk behind the desk very nice & fast! The whole process was maybe 5 minutes and that included the wait behind a couple ahead of us. The room just smelled good when we first walked in. A definite plus! (Lately have had bad experience with mildew smell in rooms.) The bed was comfortable. The pillows were comfortable. The sheets were soft (not scratchy). The a/c unit cooled great at night. The bathroom was very clean. Other than some loud neighbors, a good night's sleep! The only feedback for improvement would be another plug by the sink for hair styling. There was only one outlet plug. The ironing board was kinda gross but I don't usually use that. I was happy and pleasantly surprised! If you are not in your room much, this is a great deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Connie T
Reviewed August 20, 2011

After being screwed out of my reservation with the Travelodge right down the road, I found this hotel down the street. I had made a reservation the week before with Travelodge and when I arrived, the Manager said he rented my room to someone else even though I had it reserved and called him to confirm my reservation that morning. DO NOT GO TO THE TRAVELODGE!!! On the other hand, when we went to Super 8, the Manager, Vipin (Victor) was super nice, helpful, courteous and made me feel very welcome. After we checked in and got our key, right when we walked in our room, he called and asked me if we lilked our room and if everything was to my satisfaction. Of course, I said yes. There were a couple of things wrong but no biggie. He replaced the broken hair dryer and the shower hardware was kinda tricky but once I figured that out it was really great. I felt safe in this room and was able to park my car right in front of the room. Even though, the place was packed, it was very quiet at night and not too loud in the morning. The only other thing that I didn't like was that the grass space was lilmited to the front of the hotel for me to walk my dog. You can't have everything, I guess. Thanks Super 8 and thank you to Vipin for the great time at Super 8!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I ended up booking through a third party which was accidentally booked for the wrong date. A few minutes later I called the third party and they tried to cancel the booking to the hotel but the hotel refused, but said I could rebook for the correct night which would be an extra 50-60 dollars. No thanks. I'd rather report this to my credit card company as fraud.

I am recommending to NOT stay here based on this ethic.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2010

my wife and i were married 59 years march 26, 2010 and we try to make a small trip each year on our anniversary-------this year san marcos was our "honneymoon trip"which is all of 80 miles from our home and super 8 motel in san marcos was our "nesting ground" for 3 nights-----it could not have been any nicer as the room was clean and had everything we needed-----the people in the office were very helpful and nice---pamela even showed us how to make waffles for breakfast in their neat kitchen----go try it----you will like it!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stech
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have no complaints about this hotel. It was clean, had a pleasant scent in the room. I slept like a log. Iron, hair dryer, coffee maker, fridge & micro. I don't watch TV, but the teen with me seemed fine with it. Breakfast was cereals, bagels, danishes. A waffle iron was available, we didn't use it, but the other guests who I saw using it said it was great. For the $50 a night it cost, it certainly got the job done.

• Stayed: March 2010