“Stay in Corpus Christi”

La Quinta Inn San Marcos
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I booked two rooms for my family for Easter weekend. We stay at La Quinta because they are pet friendly. The rooms were great. The breakfast was very good and the location was close to Kingsville, Tx where my family lives. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that needs a pet friendly place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gloria R
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Marcos

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The stay was just okay. The the check in and check out was speedy. They did allow be to check in early. I was very grateful for that. I was disappointed my room did not have a refrigerator and a microwave. The quality of this motel style hotel was about the same as he Travel Lodge next door. I booked a room at the Travel Lodge and the LaQuinta but paid $87 more for the LaQuinta that did not have a refrigerator or a microwave expecting better quality. I pretty disappointed in my stay because I have had better experiences with LaQuinta.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Freda C
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have not had good experiences with other motels in San Marcos, so we were pleasantly surprised by this La Quinta. It is a good, but not great, basic motel. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the internet was good, TV did have limited channels but was OK, the staff was friendly. The breakfast was pretty basic, but everything was fresh and well stocked. We had a little trouble getting to it; our GPS did not seem to recognize that the access road was one-way. We will probably stay here again since we have had such bad luck with other places in San Marcos.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank janendtx
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pay attention to the details on the LQ site: bathroom has no door, it's a motel, not a hotel (we're accustomed to the newer LQs, breakfast is VERY basic, etc. Clean, comfortable, Trevor and staff were good; place is a bit seedy, lot of folks sitting on tailgates drinking beer, bit loud late at night, part of the fence is down separating the LQ from an apt complex-made you worry about your vehicle....VERY close to TX State and there's not a whole lot of great choices in San Marcos-have to drive to Austin.

Room Tip: pay attention to the details on the site.
4  Thank Kevin I
Reviewed June 28, 2014

A good older hotel, as are most of the older La Quinta Inns. Good internet connections and everything else in working conditions. Good location in the town of San Marcos for restaurants, Texas State U. and other events. As with all other La Quinta Inns the TV cable selection is limited. Most of the cable TV shows I like to watch are not offered by La Quinta. I stay in a lot of Best Westerns where full cable networks are offered to guests. I am a traveling salesman working both the states of Texas and Oklahoma. I am on the road 3 or 4 nights each week.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Trevor at the front desk was great upon arrival. Let me in early, so I could go to the nearby waterparks. In addition, put me in the back away from the freeway noise. #good-man. Staff was friendly, and amenities were along the lines of most LQ properties. I have stayed in the main building here, as well as the adjoining property, and I must say I like the adjoining property better. It seemed newer and not quite as worn. A couple of things that could make this hotel go from good to great. 1) power wash the stairs 2) use ice bucket bags that actually fit the bucket 3) update the older rooms.
Bottom line: I would pay $50-$75 for this hotel. But not much more. If you want a little more, stay at the Hampton Inn down the road.

Room Tip: Room in the back away from the freeway noise, on the adjoining building.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed there earlier this month so that my daughter could attend new student orientation at Texas State University. The staff were very friendly, the room was great (clean and spacious), and there was a variety of breakfast items. The price was excellent (but I did notice that it goes up about 100% in August, most likely for the tourists). I would stay there again. The only thing that would have made it better was for the room to have a refrigerator, but that's a minor thing.