WINNER WONDERLAND

“They were happy to move us to another room!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Summit Inn Hotel and Suites

Summit Inn Hotel and Suites
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos
“They were happy to move us to another room!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Good luck! They will happily move you to another room with the same results. After three attempts, we gave up. Might I recommend other accommodations if you're going to be in san Marcos. Remember. It's just that time of year for roaches!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Cakbtr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here with short notice to shop at the malls and to visit Texas State and Texas Lutheran. Location was an easy on and off of the highway but make no mistake this is a motel. If I could have given this property a 2 1/2 I would have. The clientel was a mix of students, famililes, and what appeared to be contract workers. At first, we were given a room by the pool. The pool seemed good and there were people swimming in it. We did not like the first room (it seemed unfinished) and the phone did not work so that was a no go. Other rooms around us seemed unfinished and in transition too. They moved us to the front of the hotel by parking. It seemed that the closer to the front of the hotel that you were the better. Our new room was definitely better. The carpet appeared to be somewhat new and the flooring in the bath areas seemed rather new too. It was tile made to look like wood flooring and it was clean. The flat screen tv was new (lots of channels to choose from) as was the refridgerator and the microwave. Two Queen beds were good to have and the room was a good size. We had a nonsmoking room and the wifi was included and definietly used by everyone in the room. The hotel is centrally located and a Sonic is next door; we walked there. The breakfast is mainly sugar and carbs (breads, bagels, muffins, cereals, juice, coffee, and waffles). We were on the bottom floor (close to our car) but people outside tended to talk and walk past our door. However, at night it was quiet and we were there on a weekend. The door stuck going in or out but closed securely. There was a washer and dryer and an ice machine that was helpful for our cooler. The a/c was cold and the price was right for us. The people in the office were nice and if I had to I would stay here again all things considered but I would insist on a room towards the front of the hotel. When we checked in there was no mention of a hotel remodel but there were rooms by the pool that had door handles missing and items piled in the room as if they were redoing the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay towards the front in a Non Smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TheSouthernBelle
Telluride, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place more than satisfied my needs. I read the reviews before booking and was a bit nervous for the outcome. It seems to me that people want to get the most amount of luxury for the smallest price. If you want turndown service and a goodnight kiss, then go pay the $200/night it costs to stay at a luxury resort. I stayed a WEEK at Summit Inn and ALL of my needs were met. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The breakfast was basic but delicious. Coffee, juice, muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, and the best hot waffles I've had in a long time. The location is great too. Right on I-35 and Aquarena Springs for easy access to town. If you're looking for comfortable but affordable accommodations, then this is a great pick.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Katherine H
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I moved to San Marcos from Houston. Actually, I stopped here on my way to Austin. So, I stayed here one night for 37.99 and it was very well worth of money. The room was pretty clean. The AC and lights were working very fine.The breakfast was very nice. I left to Austin next day. But, I had to come back as to this San Marcos as i had apartment availability problems in Austin. So, I again stayed here for 5 more weeks and I got the best services that I can every imagine from any independent motel. The staff was very nice and responsive. They get me a really nice room near to the pool. I will surely suggest ppl to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Charlie W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Date of stay- 17/05/13. We paid 99$ and damn not worth the price. Reasons: 1.)room lightings not working( previous customer's reviews were right if we had only took it seriously).2.) NO DRAINS 3.) Top sheet stained with blood( what the hell!) 4.) poor breakfast ( we came down to have breakfast and staff took the bread and juices away, was grumpy and rushing to clear the table whilst were still eating. 5.) Staff needs customer relations training.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dashus
Summit I, Manager at Summit Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Your feed back is very important for out Hotel. We will try our best to improve our service to meet your requirement for your next visit. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with good service. I was not aware of this experience, while you were on property, other wise I would have done my best to take care of you. My staff is always available to fix minor error. If we were not able to fix the problem, we would have moved you to another room. For your convenience our break fast hours are 6:30 to 9:30 AM. Once again, thank you so much for your time and I will make sure I give my staff a proper training.
Uvalde, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I traveled to San Marcos for a wedding in Kyle, Texas. We did not have a room reserved. We stopped at the Summit Inn Hotel & Suites, Ms. Wendy was very helpful and gave us information for the location we needed to go to in Kyle. Room was nice and clean. Price was very reasonable. Had continental breakfast, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Patricia Perez
Uvalde, Texas

Room Tip: Downstair rooms are easy to get too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dickinson, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Unfortunately the best I can say about this motel is that we're leaving. No drains in the sink or tub, bathroom light didn't work, bedside light didn't work, air conditioner sounded like a B-52 bomber, we were given the wrong room key, towels were small, thin and rough and the toilet wasn't cleaned. But the TV, coffee maker and refrigerator did work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family