“Okay”

Days Inn - San Marcos
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Big Spring, TX
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed there while my daughter participated at the Bobcat Days at Texas State University. The proximity to TSU was nice. The room was clean and offered both a refrigerator and microwave oven. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The air conditioning worked well too. They offered a continental breakfast with just the basics (coffee, juice, fruit, cereal, toast/bagels/pastries) but it tasted good. The staff that I interacted with were nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story building, so if you have difficulty walking up or down stairs, request a 1st floor...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Days inn was a very beautiful, lovely motel. The rooms were beautiful. The gentleman working Friday night that checked us in & the one working Saturday & Sunday morning were both nice. The one there Monday morning didn't greet u like the one on Saturday, Sunday & so on but he didn't appear to be rude or unprofessional. The only downside to this motel was that just like I saw at super 8, which was the motel I stayed at right before days in was that the maids had very nasty attitudes towards me here at days as well, I don't like the way the one working across the yard on rooms on the other side of the parking lot kept trying to talk a little smart lip telling me I couldn't afford one & then trying to go back into whatever room she was working on real fast, also didn't like the way I heard a few derogatory comments regarding me & my family's ethnic backgrounds, discrimination very much does still exist a couple of the other guests & maids were both insensitive to this matter. Last of all on our last morning which was yesterday I don't like the way that maid was slamming & banging things against the walls on both sides of our room. First she was doing it in that storage room, then she did it in the empty room right beside us, then she went upstairs in the room up above us & kept walking back ,& forth on the floor in a manner of having an attitude. The loud bumping & slam of the door is what startled me. The matter with the maids was the biggest downside, the only other thing besides that was the microwave cord was so/ short I had to pick up & carry it & put it on top of the sink so it could reach, noticed it wasn't too many outlets in the room. I would try to stay again one of these days. I was in room 101, & just checked out yesterday December 2nd at 11:40 a.m.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
El Paso
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The service was very good and the location was excellent for our needs but the toilet paper rolls were all used up and had been left there so we had to go ask for a new role. Also when we entered the room, it smelled like it had mildew or like it had been an old smoking room. The water power was very strong.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business