“Never ever again avoid this place even if it's a last resort” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Baymont Inn & Suites San Marcos
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos
houston, tx
“Never ever again avoid this place even if it's a last resort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

At first glance, I liked the convenience of knowing we were directly across the freeway from the Tanger Outlets and for $95 I figure why not. Older building, looked decent enough with an indoor pool. Then comes the icky, hot room with the A/C blasting on high the entire time I'm guessing it was cooler outside (60s) then it was in our room which had to be in the 80s. Sink light went out and took forever to come on and then the tub was not cleaned properly so I was using Lysol and towels to wipe it down before using it. So when I leave to turn in the key and tell the front desk of my complaints - could care less. Will never stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

I would NOT stay here again. They put me in a smoking room, of which I DID NOT request, and begged to be changed out of, of which they said, "Sorry"! The entire hotel reaked of cigaratte smoke. My room smelled horrible and I had to beg for a glass in my bathroom. Though appearance on the outside seems decent, don't be deceived!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

My friends and i wanted somewhere to stay which would be close to the outlet malls in San Marcos, and were elated when we found Baymont. It is literally across the street from Prime and Tanger outlets, about 5 mins walk.

the rooms were clean, we got excellent service, there was cable, the works! given the very reasonable price ($75 per night incl. taxes) we weren't expecting it to be this nice given it was a 2 star hotel i think. we would stay there again for sure. the free continental breakfast was also good, there was a variety of items to choose from french toast, waffles, toast, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, coffee/tea and juice. there is also a McDonalds next door.

my only problem is that they need to update their website with pictures, the rooms are very nice and the surroundings are very clean, but by surfing their page tthey only show u the outside. however this is definitely a nice hotel, prime location and good prices!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Outletshopper
Joshua
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is an older hotel. The location is perfect if you want to go to the outlet mall....it is directly across the highway. The rooms are basic. The room seemed clean. The beds are pretty firm & not very comfortable. I was able to stay here pretty cheap thanks to a coupon on www.roomsaver.com. The room was only $54.00 on a weekday. I would recommend this hotel for a budget traveler. There are several other budget hotels in San Marcos that I would stay away from like the plaque but this one is ok.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

We were bidding on priceline for 2 star hotel in San Marcos area. We won this one for a total of 96 dollars in the end. Upon arrival, we were offered a smoking room!!! It is unbelievable how stinky and dirty the room was. It was not even living standard. Then we were asked to pay 50 dollars for a non smoking room. We refused! Later, the lady gave us one non smoking room with a FULLSIZE bed!!!
Also the air conditioner and refrigerator sounded like engines in the evening! We had to turn them off to sleep. Think about it. If you don't want to bear 90 degree temperature the entire evening, then don't stay here!!!
We don't recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

I booked this on Priceline which was a mistale because starting at $45 I didnt' get it till bidding reached $55. Since San Marcos only has one or two star hotels there isn't much room to go. The internet rate was $63 so there was no savings at all. I expected a decent motel type room and this is what I got. As I was attending a convention at the Embassy Suites this saved me some money. I didn't like the 'brkfst' as it was pastry and cold cereal and toast. Nothing very exotic but it was ok. I felt like only two or three rroms were actually occupied as they said they are filled totally on the weekend. There was no where to walk to for food, except the McDonalds. If I had a car it would have been very convenient to lots of food. There was a decent indoor pool and jacuzzi.
The room had no issues at all except the inoperable safe. Its a basic Red Rood Inn type room and I had no complaints about anything interior. If I had paid more I would have been upset. Its a good $60 type hotel but not much more. The front desk was very nice and they matched my priceline quote for a few more days when they didn't have to. If your in town to shop or visit school kids its an ok choice but not very fancy.

• Liked — reasonable price
  • Disliked — isolated location on major highway
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank davidgmg
fort worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

I don't think that this will be my first choice anymore. I have stayed there a couple of times before but it seems to become a little less nice than it use to be. The rooms were clean but I had booked a non smoking room and got one but it was right across the hall from a smoking room. The smell of smoke was very strong. The bathtub drain well and there was plenty of water pressure in the shower. The halls are dim and the breakfast in the morning was a waste of time. The man at the front desk was cold and unpersonable. I accidentally left my phone charger in the room after check out and when I went back to get it, it was nowhere to be found and I had called and they told me they would hold it. Guess not....

• Liked — The hotel is right across the highway from the outlet mall
  • Disliked — the smell of smoke and the front desk help
  • Stayed May 2008