All reviewsfront deskac unitnice hotela great staywaffleswould stay againquick tripred lobsterhill countrybeds were comfortableoutdoor poolbusiness tripclerkgravytxmattressaccommodations
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The price was fair for the area and the breakfast that is included was better than expected. The hotel is very easy to get to. We did not like the beds. They were just worn out and in need of replacement. Lumpy and uncomfortable. They clearly had seen better days. We woke up each morning wanting to get out of bed quickly because of the poor bed quality. Do not stay here if bad beds bother your back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Houstontravellovers,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as our breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the sleep accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 22, 2012

It is a Holiday Inn Express. We all know the hotel and this one right off I-35 in San Marcos, Texas was very similar to any other Holiday Inn Express Hotels you might stay in around this nation. Still, the service was very good, the staff very kind and professional and the room was clean with a comfortable bed and pillows.

The breakfast is served downstairs in the lobby area. I wish it had a little more variety and I gotta say the scrambled eggs.....need some work to say the least, but it's a good hotel and for the location, price and staff it's worth the stay when you are in San Marcos, Texas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Excellent service. Very clean, curious, efficient.

Room Tip: Walking distance to Red Lobster, and other restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel is a Holiday Inn Express, so you know the place. They are very similar around the US and UK. You can expect a certain level of comfort at just about any of this brand. It was very clean and I do appreciate that. I do find this hotels use of a plastic bed pads annoying. For me it greatly reduced the comfort of the bed which I like and expect. The room and common areas are showing wear and needing care of the paint and paper. In some places the carpet was worn and frayed and should be repaired or replaced. The free breakfast was adequate for most looking to get a quick start for the day. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, sweets, in all a good variety of breakfast food. Despite some strong points it is just an average HIE and for what is offered this establishment is somewhat overpriced.

Room Tip: When booking with Holiday Inn web site, make certain especially if you receive multiple conformations that you do not have multiple bookings. When I booked there was a know problem with that and I had 3 rooms reserved in my name.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is in a great place for walking or driving to restaurants or attractions in the area. The rooms do need updates however, my bathroom needed paint and grout in some places and new carpet. The room seemed clean though and had a comfortable bed and pillows. The free breakfast was good and very popular by the guests.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, ask to be away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends