All reviews front desk ac unit nice hotel a great stay waffles would stay again quick trip red lobster hill country beds were comfortable outdoor pool business trip clerk gravy tx mattress accommodations
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Excellent service. Very clean, curious, efficient.

Room Tip: Walking distance to Red Lobster, and other restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel is a Holiday Inn Express, so you know the place. They are very similar around the US and UK. You can expect a certain level of comfort at just about any of this brand. It was very clean and I do appreciate that. I do find this hotels use of a plastic bed pads annoying. For me it greatly reduced the comfort of the bed which I like and expect. The room and common areas are showing wear and needing care of the paint and paper. In some places the carpet was worn and frayed and should be repaired or replaced. The free breakfast was adequate for most looking to get a quick start for the day. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, sweets, in all a good variety of breakfast food. Despite some strong points it is just an average HIE and for what is offered this establishment is somewhat overpriced.

Room Tip: When booking with Holiday Inn web site, make certain especially if you receive multiple conformations that you do not have multiple bookings. When I booked there was a know problem with that and I had 3 rooms reserved in my name.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is in a great place for walking or driving to restaurants or attractions in the area. The rooms do need updates however, my bathroom needed paint and grout in some places and new carpet. The room seemed clean though and had a comfortable bed and pillows. The free breakfast was good and very popular by the guests.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, ask to be away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Very standard Holiday Inn hotel,(there are some I stay at that are way above standard) free parking , free breakfast ( powdered eggs??) Pancakes, coffee, fruit, free baked cookies always around (I like this!) Service and staff are very nice. I have no complaints or raves. If you need to stay in San Marcos this will work. The BEST shower, seriously! High pressure adjustable spays.

Room Tip: There are no views to really see, so it doesnt matter. I stayed on 3rd (top floor) as a rule of thumb to avoid people walking on my head...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This place is very clean. This was our second stay here. First by booking at their website. When we checked in they gave us a goodie bag for being a loyal member of their rewards.
Just an fyi what ever room you book is what you get if you book a double queen bed you get that and can't change to a king. The only thing I dislike is the very small elevator. The breakfast looks fine it's your basic continential breakfast. There has always been tons of people in there eating so it must be ok. We will be staying here again. It is close to many eatting establishments and not far from the college.

Room Tip: We have even stayed close to the elevator and did not hear it. It might of been late and not many were using it but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family