“At least they're consistent.”
Review of Motel 6 San Marcos

Motel 6 San Marcos
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Roanoke, Texas, United States
“At least they're consistent.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you like doors that don't open or shut, sandpaper towels, cold showers, a toilet that doesn't work, and the sound of highway traffic at night, this place is perfect for you. It is what you pay for and things consistently went wrong. We got the double queen beds and it was a good sized room but it's definitely not the cleanest hotel I've been in. First of all, upon trying to get into the room, the door was very difficult to push open and once you get it open you have to forcefully shut it. Within five minutes of being there I go to use the restroom and reach for toilet paper and it falls to the ground because they didnt have a toilet paper roll holder... they just set it there thinking we wouldn't notice. Tards. and the next morning my mom uses the restroom and the toilet handle doesnt want to flush so we had to use the office restroom all day. We go to take a shower and it has one temperature and one temperature only. (let me give you a hint, its not hot...) and once you get out of this awesome bathroom experience you get the luxury of drying yourself with sandpaper... The only great thing about the hotel was breakfast. Oh and dont even bother bringing your dog. Its 20 dollars a night per dog, 50 if you bring a dog and they find out you didnt pay 20. Also... and this is the icing on the cake.. upon checking in they want your credit card number for "incidentials"... uhh... yeah.. okay. because people are definitely going to steal your sandpaper towels. They totally set us up for everything that went wrong and they wanted my credit card number to charge us for their door, their toilet, their toilet paper roll holder, and anything else faulty in that room. Lucky for us, we booked on expedia and they didn't have access to my credit card. My best advice... pay the extra fifty to stay at Best Western. Ramada Limited is a joke. and its RIGHT off the highway.. so its unsafe, and if you're going out shopping you have to pass the place by like a mile and turn around to get to it. It's not very convenient. And if you do have pets... all they give you is a patch of grass right outside the hotels main office... Do not waste your time.

Room Tip: Idk if there are any good rooms... But I would recommend second floor for safety reasons
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
peteaustin, Manager at Motel 6 San Marcos, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We apologize for the problems you experienced. I have shared this information with our team to ensure we correct these issues. We appreciate your business and please contact me if I can provide any assistance to you. Pete Dhana, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Room not well maintained. could not hardly push door open. 2 thin towels in a 4 person room. no bathroom rug.a/c did not work properly. musty smell.bathroom door missing paint. cig burns in room.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvinence with maintanence and housekeeping. problems . I have shared this information with our team to ensure we correct these issues. We appreciate your business and please contact me if I can provide any assistance to you. Pete Dhana, General Manager.
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Went to San Marcos for a day of shopping and stayed over at Ramada. Did not have a reservation beforehand, but managed to get 2 double queen rooms. The rates were very reasonable but you do get what you pay for. The room was simple and adequate, the ac/heater was old and the knob needs to be replaced. The mattress looks old and felt very springy, not the best bed we have slept on. Breakfast area was small and simple, enough to fill the stomach and not much else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The room was very clean and the bed was good and I felt safe and those are the most important things, right. At check in the clerk tried to charge me more that the reservation price but we got that straightened out. He said he could only charge what was on his computer and I told him he would charge what was on my reservation, finally the manager fixed it. We are settled in and my wife says she would like some heat. The unit went bang bang bang and was the loudest I have ever heard. Thank heaven it was not a cold night out so we just snuggled up and slept very well. The breakfast was mixed. The Texas shaped waffles were great but orange and apple juice should have been labeled orange and apple water. Do they really save that much wattering down the juice. The milk was cold and so it was all OK.

Room Tip: Stand your ground when they try to charge you more than the reservation price. Always print a copy...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2011

On check-in the key didn't work, the attendant gave me another key, it didin't work either, apparently the lock was broken and she brought to me a key to a differnt room. When we walked into the room the it smelled of urine. No way. I was then given a 3rd room that was not too offensive, so I stayed. As it was a chilly night I turned on the heater. 30 minutes later the heater started rattling so loud I had to turn it off since it made the same loud noise no matter what the setting was. This is a low end, highwayside dive that should be avoided. The internet connection was so slow as to remind me of the old days when www meant world wide wait. The breakfast was lousy, and mentioning the problems I had to the morning attendant brought no releif, Some times you get much less than you pay for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Great stay.!! The rooms are very large, extremely clean, friendly staff, & good breakfast. The carpet still had a new smell. We always had more than enough towels, & soap. It is very quiet here too, & on Saturday night there was a full house. We enjoyed our stay, & when back in San Marcos will stay here again. Thank you to all the Ramada staff for going above, and beyond to meet all our needs. Wonderful place & Awesome people.!!

• Stayed December 2011
Waco, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Visited bobcat stadium for game in san marcos. This is the perfect location to stay in San Marcos as the univeristy is two minutes and stadium is a minute from Ramada. Rate was little high but my family was happy with the clean room and service. Internet worked great.

Room Tip: I liked the connecting downstairs rooms as I had lot of family members.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family