“Nice Hotel with Good Amenities”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
GreenLeadersGold level
Katy, Texas
“Nice Hotel with Good Amenities”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went for a weekend during Spring Break March 2014 and was exactly what I was expecting. Nice rooms and facilities. The only thing was my daughter left her phone there and it was never found or turned in from House Keeping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Spring W,
Thank You for staying with us during Spring Break. I was pleased that you enjoyed the stay and apologize that your daughters phone was not located. I hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again.
Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
Magnolia, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

stayed one night (march 13th) in room 1011. I called and booked a corner room. It was very quiet. Never heard anyone. There was a girls softball tourney going on and the hotel was booked. Went down for Mgrs. reception (5:30/7:30). The lines at times for drinks were long but went very fast. I think they were long because they poured the drinks in small glasses. It didn't take long to drink the drink. If you drink beer that would be your best bet so you don't have to keep going up to get another drink. I have seen better snack selections at different Embassy's BUT they are "free" so take them or leave them. They did run out of salsa though. Employee's kept walking around cleaning tables and asking if everythings was alright. We asked for more towels (4 females in the room) and toilet paper at the front desk. By the time we took the elevator up the maid was walking to our room with it. Typical breakfast buffet. Once again it was crowded but never a wait. The only complaint I have is when I checked in they asked if I wanted it on my debit card or Charge card. I said I didn't care, the girls said if she put it on my debit there would by the $25. incidental fee for a few days. I said charge it then. Of course that wasn't true ... there was a $34.00 fee on the card instead. After a few days it dropped. The hotel is in a great location ... 2 minute drive to the outlet mall. Easy on Easy off freeway. Great place to stay if your going shopping! I ended up on the pull out .... I had a neck ache for about 3 days afterward .... I believe this hotel accepts dogs too ... I didn't see this prior to booking the room. I usually stay away from pet friendly hotels. I don't like pets on furniture and not everyone baths, and has their pets on flea and tick meds.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room. they are suppose to be bigger ... at this hotel they are down off the main...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jody B,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I appreciate the input and have addressed the front desk issue and making sure we are replenishing the snacks at the managers reception. We value your business and the comments are very helpful. I hope on your next trip to San Marcos you willl stay with us again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Here for a conference, facilities are clean and comfortable. The room is spacious with a separate living/workspace area from the bedroom. Bathroom large and spotless with excellent toiletries. Bed was comfy, restaurant food good, made-to-order and/or buffet breakfast makes it a super value. Only problem was 'wild child' noise from next door - after over 2 hours of that, I called front desk and it was handled promptly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear charcoll99,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the consistant service, amenities and value of the property. I hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again.
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We've stayed here 3 times (different years) and loved it each time. With 6 in our family, the rooms are perfect, and the location is a good midway point. The breakfast is amazing, as is the happy hour with ice cream for the kids. The hotel is clean and comfortable. There wasn't a parking charge when we stayed last year as some have mentioned recently, so I will have to check on this before we go next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear khaavi,
Thank You for commenting on your recent stay. I was pleased that you have stayed here before and returned. We value your business and apprecite the comments on your stay.
Thank You and hope to see you soon again in the property.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stay at this Hotel once a year, every year and they have been incredible all around! The staff is superb, it truly is "all about you". The complimentary breakfast exceeds any I've ever had with a "made to order" omelet bar.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear CCMMSTEELE,
Thank You for staying with us once a year when your in the area. I was pleased to read how you enjoy the hotel staff and amenities.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you next year.
Denver
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Checked into hotel, outside our room there were a bunch of dirty dishes that had spilled so it squashed as we walked into room and tracked it in. Ventilation unit very noisy, sounded like water was running off and on all night. Kept me up and it would keep me from staying here again. Elevators slow and only one person working front desk at check out so it took 10 minutes to check out as they didn't plan for the mass exodus that was happening from a group departing. I couldn't do auto checkout as there was a problem with my credit card. Hotel could use some updating.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear be32,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay. I have address your issues with the dirty dishes, delay in checking out and noisy venelation. Thank You for bringing these to my attention and hope you return to the hotel the next time your in the area.
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I attended a wedding reception here on a Saturday in February of this year. We made reservations a couple months in advance. A room was not available upon our check in at 4:30 PM and was not available until about 8:00 PM. The young man at the desk did not offer any solutions, just appologized and said to check back later. My husband had dropped me off at the hotel entrance with our things because I was somewhat handicapped (in a walking boot). The guy at the desk did'nt even offer to have the concierge hold my luggage. Later that evening (about 10 PM) when we went to the bar, they had run out of many things and it wasn't until my third choice that I found something they weren't out of. I received a survey from the hotel and wrote them of my experience and asked them to contact me. They did not.
We did like the room. The bed was great. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Corky24
Dear Corky24,
Thank You for commenting on your recent stay while attending a wedding. I apologize no one has contacted you concerning the delay in getting into your room upon arrival. I will address this with my team to make sure someone is in touch with you. This is not our normal service level and we value you as a Embassy customer. Thank You and hope you will return to the hotel in the future.