Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I always love staying at the embassy suites hotels, and this was no exception. Everything was beautiful and clean. I always know that I can come to this place and feel like I am at home. I especially love the room set up. There was a mini kitchen and full living room combo, along with a separate bedroom. There were also two TV's so at night when I got tired I could watch tv in the bedroom, just like I do when I am at home. The hotel staff was quick to check me in and out, and of course extremely polite.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Laura H,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy scheduler to comment on how nice your stay was at my hotel. I was pleased to read that yuo enjoyed the amenities we offer along with the service. Again thak you and hope to see you soon in the hotel.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Enjoyed a 2-night stay for a conference, and have nothing but good things to say. The suite was spotless, included a spacious worktable with comfy chair, and a very comfortable bed. The 'made order' complimentary breakfast was delicious, with plenty of spots to sit and enjoy the indoor water feature whilst getting ready to start the day. The fitness center was also spotless and more than adequate. Great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Charcoll99,
Thank You for staying with us while at your recent conference. I appreciate the comments on how spacious and clean the hotel was and you enjoyed the amenities we offer along with the clean workout room. I hope when you come to the area again you will stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Your hotel was awesome. I was there for a conference earlier this week and the facility was perfect for the conference. The room was very comfortable and I slept great. The staff was very friendly and took care of any request or question that I had for them. The complimentary breakfast was delicous and the happy hour was very nice after a long day of sessions. I look forward to my next stay and perhaps my family and I may make this a vacation spot.
KRK

Dear KATHY K,
Thank You for taking the time to share how you enjoyed your stay at the hotel while attending a conference. I was pleased that you feel we are great for conferences and also enjoyable to bring your family. I have shared this with the team and we look forward to you returning for a nice long weekend.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Would love to have a room comped one night whenI come I think that would be a nice reward for someone like me who comes to the Embassey all the time. The hotel staff was polite, helpful. The rooms were very clean and orderly. The a/c was a bit noisy, and the tv was a little fuzzy,but other than that, i totally enjoyed my stay @ the Embassey

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Joni D,
Thank You for staying at the hotel on your visit to San Marcos. I have shared with the team how you enjoyed the hotel and would recomend to others. I have checked into the A/C and TV issues. I hope to see you soon again in the property.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful and I loved the free hot breakfast. The evening reception is also very relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. My only complaint is that you must pay $10 for internet connection in the room.

Dear ginger mom 4,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel cleanliness and service. I hope when you are in San Marcos again you will choose to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at several Embassy Suites before. This one lacks a lot. Non smoking room reeked of old smoke with very dirty visible vents. The safe didn't lock and the cabinet hung open. When opening the fridge the whole thing jumps out at you! Maid service took the used towels out didn't replace with new and didn't make the bed! Front desk check out was inefficient. Don't act upscale when you definitely are not.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bjcTx

Dear bjcTx,
Thank You for shareing the comments concerning your stay at my hotel. I apologize for the issues with your room cleanliness, maintenance and check in. I have addresssed these with the management team and hope on your next trip to the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Arrive to a room with a clogged toliet, housekeeping didn't bring me a new iron when I called down, nor did they do a very good job cleaning the room. The free breakfast is worth every penny! Internet access should be complimentary. Pillows worn out. TV picture quality very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert S
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Robert S,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness and the iron not delivered to your suite. Also I am checking into the pillows you had mentioned. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again when visiting the area.