Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a women's retreat. Great location to shopping. Easy access from I35, a short distance to Austin for more dining options (beware of Austin traffic). Although there was a lot if people checking in/out, the process was smooth and efficient. Breakfast was standard fare with a made to order omelet line that stayed busy. My only complaint is that wifi is only free on the first floor. To access from the room, is $9.95. Overall, I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was only at the hotel for one evening but it was easy to see this hotel was very nice. This hotel looks and smells new. The room was super clean and everything in the room looked new. I was on the 8th floor and the room was very quiet. I hope you can tell by the photos - the room is huge compared to others at the same price. This hotel is between San Antonio and Austin and is close to the Outlet Shopping Mall, Schliterbahn and other attractions. I made it into town late so I used room service - I thought the food was very good and it was delivered quick. Everyone at the hotel was nice and freindly and it made for a very nice stay. I attended a meeting at the hotel with about 150 others and everyone I talked with agreed we need to have more of our meetings at this location. I did not get to use the pool but it looked great. Huge parking area with lots of light and security. I will be back with my wife for sure. You have a safe, frig, and micro in the room along with coffee pot, tea, and a wet bar.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. I was on the east-south side of the hotel.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 22, 2013

When we travel as a family we just love to stay at Embassy Suites, we can spread out, keep snacks, and have breakfast on site, free. This was a very well kept hotel with spa and a friendly staff. The location is south of Austin, Texas and also near one of the best water parks, Schlitterbahn, in New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels is of German heritage and that is a fun place to visit if that interests you. My family loved being right next door to a GIANT outlet mall which really did have great stores and great prices. It was too big for my taste, a bit overwhelming, but if you are a shopper looking for bargins, you will be in heaven!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after a 9 hour car ride and was very accommodating very fast check in, had large rooms with nice pullout sofabeds and filling full breakfast and they had free drinks and snacks from (530 to 730), close proximity to the Outlet Shopping in San Marcos. The only (compliant) I have of this property is they have Pepsi products yuck so if you like coca cola products bring your own

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of graduation for TX State University in Dec. 2012. We had a large group of family members going so we reserved 3 rooms. Since we had elderly parents going with us we were able to get two of the rooms for a senior discount which is always a nice thing. Embassy Suites really took care of us as they scored us 2 adjoining rooms which is almost unheard of anymore and our other room was very nearby. It was great to just open the door between the rooms and be able to keep a check on everyone. The rooms were very spacious as others have said and the beds were very comfortable. I only wish that the sinks were outside of the toilet/shower area so it would have been easier for more people to be getting ready at one time. Another brownie point about this hotel is that they have an on-site restaurant. We all wanted to go out as a family to celebrate my daughter's graduation but knew it would be near impossible to find a place to accomodate all of us. My husband talked with the restaurant and they set us up with only a day's notice. If I was to give any drawbacks to this hotel it would be at the breakfast. Don't get me wrong, the food is fantastic and there is plenty of it making the slightly higher cost of this hotel worth it but the breakfast area was very hard to manuever with three elderly people. Its a very large area with several stations and they had a hard time with their trays. I finally just sat them down (which on a busy weekend like graduation weekend it is hard to find a table anywhere) and went and got their food for them. No way could we get one of the homemade omelets because the line was too long. I had been bragging to my mom about these for months so I was disappointed that she didn't get to try one. Oh yeah, one more drawback that we had was that one of the elevators was not working the morning of check out. My mother-in-law waited 15 minutes to get downstairs and finally I just had to take her luggage down the stairs . We were only on the 3rd floor which wasn't so bad but then when it came time to take my parents down we had the same problem. I saw no one there servicing the elevator. Seems to me they should have called someone out right a way with that large of a crowd. In spite of the drawbacks I would probably stay here again because they were so accomodating of a large group and the rooms are really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms if you are a large family.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed March 15, 2013

They tried to give up a room that we did not reserve.The lighting in the entire hotel is so dim you feel like you are in a cave, had to buy a light for the room to work by. The outside flood lights were pointed directly in to our window so you could not look outside at night. Internet did not function well nor in the business center, had to go to Starbucks.
The convention room dimly light and temperature was freezing. The shuttle only takes you the outlet malls, the congeries didn't know what city the Hotel was in or could they answer questions, they just directed you to get a brochure. Hot food from the buffet was cold, and they only serve Nescafe coffee. The worst conference center I have been in.
Hotel looks good but functions badly !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tpugh648, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We apologize for the problems you experienced...we will correct these immediately. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Tom Pugh, General Manager
Rio Frio, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff were freindly and professional, the room was clean, room service was prompt, the drinks were tasty, the breakfast was hot and the food was good. What more can you ask for. Thank you for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us...we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you on future trips to San Marcos. Tom Pugh, General Manager