“Drunken Redfish”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Drunken Redfish”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

On a balmy Sunday afternoon a friend and I decided to head out to the Topwater Grill, been there a few times and it's always good but this visit was especially enjoyable! Our server, think her name was Kristin(?) was so friendly and happy...it made us happy! The food was awesome, the service was great and the place is decorated so beachy and nautical. Thought I'd share this with you all.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Susan1114

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food overlooking bay”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

First time visiting and found this restaurant 5 min from where we're staying. Wait not bad....30 min. Got a window seat with a great view. Seafood was very good and that's saying a lot as we're from Baton Rouge area! Will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Impeccable Service, Great View, Taste Fantastic”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My waitress Amy was so attentive and sweet without missing a beat or hovering (like sometimes waitresses do) everything came out on time and correct! She's a great waitress and I feel like she deserves some recognition for this :) I will definitely come back! And ask for Amy ;)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank WebsterTx
Houston, Texas
“Terrible service, cold food, Manager, no show”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice before and have had the oysters..they were very good. We went to eat an actual dinner here Sunday night and it was the worst dining experience I can remember. Waitress was slow (they weren't that busy) she would say she would be right back and disappear for 10 mins. Several things happened prior to getting our order in but I will just get to the main issue. Our food was finally delivered by someone in the kitchen (not by our waitress like the other tables) I can only assume because it sat there so long someone finally decided to bring it out to us. It was cold, I had ordered shrimp and scallops ($19) Hubby ordered grilled seafood platter ($25). We sat and waited for our waitress she finally showed up about 10 minutes later..asked how our food was and we stated it was cold..she said she would send the manager over, she didn't offer any help herself just said she would send him over. We waited and waited and waited. She finally came back after several minutes saying she didn't know where he was...she text him and stilll no show. We asked for our check...she kept making excuses, we paid and left. We saw Myron (the Manager) on our way out...we just kept walking shaking our heads in disappointment. We use to like this place, but if management doesn't care and we just spent almost $70 on a cold meal we didn't care to eat than it's not worth going back to. Shame on you Top Water Grill & MYRON!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank CardsFan01
Alvin, Texas
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Yes the food here is good and about average with above average pricing. Don't get the very expensive shrimp cocktail, not worth the money. The fried shrimp/oyster/fish dishes are good. The soft shell crab fried dinner is great. After I ate the cocktail the waiter said "I was going to tell you not to get it for the price verse amount". Duhhhhhhhhhh why say it now????
All is good except seating. We got there about 4pm and wanted a window seating (90%) empty and was told they we reserved. Ok? Had to sit in middle area. Again ok, but window seating still 35% to 45% still empty when we finished eating and left. What's up with that? I don't know. There is outside seating on dock by water. Maybe try that or call for reservations????

1 Thank Mike B