“Bubba's Shrimp Palace”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location of this place on the shore of Galveston Bay with a good view over the bay is quite nice, and the service is friendly albeit a little slow. The place itself is large and not very cozy. The food is mediocre and consists mostly of the high calorie fried Gulf seafood variety. They do have a nice salad bar though.

1  Thank Carolus

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The place was neat...went in the evening, so not much of a water view. Would be good to see in the daylight. The food was good...we were with a huge group and everything can out promptly and hot. The cocktail sauce was different...more the consistency of salsa? The coleslaw was great and the salad bar had a great selection. Shrimp were cooked just right! The only issue I had was one waitress kept eating the hush puppies while she was in the wait station which was behind a glass wall where you could see into the kitchen. I'm no pro, but I know that's a big no-no. At least hide somewhere and not pop them while your trying to refill condiments. lol.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Great place big shrimp and good catfish fried they way I like it. Carol our waitress was great. Will go back

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently had dinner at Bubba's after seeing it on The Daytripper PBS show. I had the seafood platter, and everything (shrimp, catfish, crawfish, oysters and sides) was GREAT. My wife had the grilled shrimp and they were fantastic. Great prices and a view of the bay. Not an easy place to find, but well worth the effort. We will be back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have the pleasure of eating La. & texas seafood for many years
and this restaurant ranks among the also-rans. The appetizers
and the main course I would rate equal to a fast food chain at
best. The food was extremely greasy and the grease needed
changing which added the poor quality of food. One of few
restaurants in this area I would never return too. The good
reviews have to be coming from people who do not have the
availibilty of great seafood as we do in this area.