“San Benito is perfect for a business visit”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites San Benito
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Benito
San Benito, United States
“San Benito is perfect for a business visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Best Western in San Benito is perfectly located for my business trips to Brownsville. It is out of the city traffic, easy direct highway access and has all the nearby services I've needed. Easy on and off the highway with a service station virtually in the parking lot. It couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

this hotel had a few problems. bug walking on ceiling, bathroom door falling off hinge we had to screw all screws back in. there was no plug for the bath tub. Other then that it had a good location and staff helpful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We made the reservations online, and had no problems checking in.

Upon entering the lobby, it smelt like an old person's house with that moth ball smell. I was hoping for a better smell when we entered our room, but that was disappointing as well. It was a damp, musty smell that made us drive to Walmart at 11pm to get some Febreeze.

I guess we were upgraded to a bigger room as I had booked just a King bed. This room was more like a suite and had a fold out couch in the front, bathroom in the middle, and king sized bed in the back. Plus, it was a handicap accessible room as the shower would allow someone easy access if they were in a wheel chair or needed to sit in the shower......this also lead to some problems.....the shower head was too low, and the shower curtain did not keep the water in the shower area.

The room looked clean, until I saw a pubic hair on the toilet seat. And the shower had some hairballs hanging from the rail. Because the room was so musty, I believe it was keeping the room very humid because if you took your shoes off, your feet stuck to the floor. What an awful, icky feeling.

I did review my dislike and disappointments to Best Western via a survey I was sent to me as I am a Platinum rewards member and booked online via their website. They replied quickly, with "I am sorry you were dissatisfied, but next time you visit, you can save 40% off a room." That really did not satisfy me at all and I deleted the email. Next time we go to the area to visit family, we will stay either at another Best Western in Brownsville, or South Padre. Heck, the Best Western's in Matamoros, Mexico are cleaner!

There were no issues with the staff or the housecleaning. We did not really interact with anyone except at the front desk. And the women at the front desk were friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

good room for the money, close to the gulf and major roads and hwys. would stay and stay again, clean nice place happy going people, waisting spaces cause they need 200 characters, or more, it was a good motel and hotel. had a breakfeast that was good in morning, wonder if I close to 200 yet? not sure, yep, have a good trip and stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was very satisfied during my stay; its the people who make the difference. Check in and checkout were great. Staff was very willing to address anything came in the way. Always got the clean room. Value for money is the best as the manager gave me a great discount. I have been going back week after week for some time now and I don't think I can spot any better place for the same money and service. Henry has done a great job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean. King bed comfy. Pool refreshing. Staff very nice. The two issues were Internet service not working ( for which they discounted room w/o being asked!) and the bagel at the continental brkft were moldy. Aside from those two issues fair price for value.

• Stayed May 2013
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen
Deluxe 6 Inn & Suites
Deluxe 6 Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Olmito

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites San Benito? Share your experiences!