La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Texas
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

Older La Quinta and could use some new carpet and updates. No fridge or microwave which I have come to expect at a La Quinta. On the other hand, very reasonably priced and a good location.

I recommend for one or two nights.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lubbock, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

Clean room. No problems. Worth the price. Prefer to have a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
lubbock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

do not stay here . room had no towels,no phone, we could see outside from the inside,pool area dirty, water swampy and deck area unsafe my husband cut his foot . we were shocked at how bad the hotel has become we have stayed here in past and had no problems. recently stayed in arlington,tx la quinta across from six flags and it was wonderful. we will never stay here in san angelo again we will spend the money and stay at hampton inn or holiday inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

What a disappointment. The hotel is extremely run-down. The bed was very poorly made and we could feel every spring inside it. They didn't give us coffee until the 3rd day we stayed. The fridge didn't freeze or keep things cool. The lamps needed bulbs. The towels were horrible. Remember back when you would get a free towel in the box of detergent, well those were better towels. We were in a "no pet" room but the handle of the reclinder was chewed up by something!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

We've stayed here before without incident, but looks like this hotel is in need of some renovating. After hearing stories on the news about bed bugs, I decided to check. I didn't have to look long after pulling back a corner of the sheet to expose the mattress. I wasn't sure if it was dead, but after putting a tissue near it, it immediately crawled on and I was able to put it in a cup. I called the front desk, but no one answered. I had my laptop connected and looked up "bed bugs" on Google Images and got the confirmation I needed. (They are about the size of a tick.) I tried the front desk again and still no answer, so I walked it over in the cup. The gal looked at it and didn't seem the least bit surprised. She said she would comp our room, but I told her there was no way I'd sleep in it. She gave us another room key to try... as I was walking back to our room, a family member was walking towards me to say they found others on the second bed. That mattress had blood on the side of it, next to a dead and crushed bed bug (we have a picture). At this point we started packing up the few things we had removed from our luggage and I went to try the second room. I really didn't want to stay there at all, but we were exahusted from having driven all day and it was late. All I had to do was turn back the pillow in the second room (about six doors down from the first room) and there was a bed bug right on top of the sheet. We immediately left after getting a printed receipt showing we would not be charged. Unfortunately the manager was off (it was the weekend), but the gal at the front desk said they'd never had this problem before. I find that really hard to believe by the lack of her surprise when I brought the first bed bug in. She didn't even question what it was, just looked like she had seen them before. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn down the road, which had fortunately just put in new mattresses. I know bed bugs can be found at even the nicest hotels, but I really think the La Quinta in San Angelo has some kind of an investation and should really think about taking care of it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CO-TX_Traveler
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

I searched and searched online for lodging in San Angelo before our visit there over spring break. I was traveling with my husband, teen step-daughter and dog. I poured thru the reviews on tripadvisor and was leary about La Quinta, as well as about every other hotel/motel in that town. The nicer, newer hotels in the area run $159/night plus and we were traveling with a dog to take into consideration. Many places had no vacancy during our dates of stay or did not accept dogs. I knew La Quinta had vacany and accepted dogs (at no additional fee). I took a chance, and upon arriving in town, just went to the La Quinta and requested to view a standard room and a mini suite. With reading the previous reviews, I wasn't comfortable booking w/o viewing the room first. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice, clean and suitable for our stay. No cobwebs, crumbs, etc in sight. Upon checking in, we requested a mini fridge and microwave be placed in our room, as we were staying 6 nights. The staff provided us with these items within a few hours of checking in. The next day, I also requested a second luggage tray and had it within minutes. We stayed in a room which was very close to the front lobby, an ice machine, the pool and a patch of grass for our dog. My only complaint was a man occupying the room above us that stomped when he walked and he seemed to do it at all hours of the day and night in a pacing manner. This, of course, is not the motel's fault. I did, however, talk with the manager about my complaint and the customer service I received to help rectify the situation was generous. The bathroom was also rather small in the room. Overall, we were all very pleased with our stay at this La Quinta. Clean, quiet and comfortable room....beds weren't bad (and I have a super comfy bed at home, along with back problems), we brought our own pillows - which you may want to consider if staying here. Convenient room location, as well as a very convenient motel location to shopping, museums, etc. We never took advantage of the continental breakfast, so I do not have feedback to give you on that. I would stay here again, and most likely request the same room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at La Quinta on January 9, 2009 and probably more then likely we will not stay there again. The front staff was friendly when we arrived, which was probably the only good thing. Once we got our room we noticed one of the lamps did not work, floor had food particles on it and the clock would not stop flashing even after we fixed it several times. Once we settled in we decided to use the microwave and coffee maker and noticed the coffee maker was corroded and the microwave was broken. We did tell the front staff that our microwave was not working, but nothing was done about it. The other thing we noticed was the commode would not flush or when it would flush it stayed running. My husband and I decided to do a load of laundry at their laundry area and saw that their dryer was in terrible condition and was not connected properly. We were both disappointed and we will definitely look for a better place next time we area in that area.

M. Hurst