“Clean/dated but nice a little pricey for the age of this facility.”

La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
San Antonio, Texas
“Clean/dated but nice a little pricey for the age of this facility.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were traveling with a dog, pet friendly rooms in San Angelo were hard to find for the dates of our travel without busting the budget. Reviewed previous comments so packed cleaning supplies, that we did not need. While the facility is dated, our room was clean, the beds were comfy and bed the bedding was clean.
We had he all things we needed for a comfy visit. The staff was professional and polite. We would stay at this property again, it was in a perfect location for the reason for our travel. We were a 5-7 minute drive to everything we went for. There is lots of areas to walk a dog. However some dog owners need to learn how to clean up after their dogs.(not the fault of the hotel)
The complementary breakfast was nice, we'll stocked and clean. La Quinta would do well by building a new facility in or around the same area.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place was disgusting. When I arrived the 2 woman behind the counter seemed to have some power issues. The heaver set woman was very much a know it all and was not opposed to demonstrate this to her co-worker in front of customers. When I arrived to the room it appeared to be a normal average room located in a run down structure. After being there for awhile around midnight I heard a drip by the front door. Upon getting to investigate I realized the entire floor by the front was wet, the pop-corn ceiling had huge bubbles in it and the valance above the window had severe water stains. I called the front desk and her response was there was nothing she could do about it and i could either stay there or she had one room on the other side of the building in the back. At midnight I was not thrilled about backing up everything and moving everything considering I had to get up early the next day. There was no apology or offer to help me move to another room. Unfortunately throughout the night I continued to hear the drip of a water leak. When I woke the next day to take a shower the pressure was very low and the water was not consistently warm and would go from hot to cold for no reason. The exterior of the building is old and appears run down. For $200 a night I expected more. Perhaps there free breakfast would have made the difference but I highly doubt it and did not give it a try.

Room Tip: Call another hotel. I suspect all the rooms are the same. Disgusting!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed 11/12 Aug 2013. I am a LQ Elite Retuns Member & try to stay with LQ. This is a motel I will pass up in the future. The motel is old, run down and dirty, check my photos. My first room had a huge worn out patch in the carpet. I was moved to another room that had numerous carpet stains, a hole in the carpet, a hole in the sheet rock that had a patch on that a middle school child could have done better. I had no internet connection, front office wasn't bothered about that. The pool was dirty, the walk areas had cigarette butts in numerous places. Guests use the top of a coke machine as an ash tray. Old food on top of a shed roof visable from the 2nd floor. $160.00/night probably because there is a lot of oil & gas activity in W TX.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CindyAHouston_TX
Abilene, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was spacious, and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and didn't mind answering questions. The location was easy to get to and there were plenty of restaurants and nearby shopping close by. There were no problems checking in or checking out. I will stay here again. The price-- outstanding!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank N5790BSjamesh
Thomson, Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed in many LaQinta properties and have always been pleased so we booked a room without reading the reviews - a big mistake! We would have gone on further if we could have. Thre room was good and reasonably clean but the stairways and halls and everywhere else was flithy! The washing machine and dryer (which we didn't use) were coated in dirt with trash strewn all around it. The continental breakfast was OK but the building was old and moldy smelling. The lady working at breakfast was very pleasant and accomodating.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brose0616
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is outside. The first thing I noticed was the ice machine which had cobwebs all in them. This hotel was dirty. The bathrooms were dirty and the tub was disgusting. I would not recommend anyone staying here. The hotel is in need of renovations. Also they had continental breakfast which wasn't bad but the building is old and moldy.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sedonia T
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Quinta Inn in San Angelo was the worst hotel we ever stayed at it smelled it was dirty moldy stained bathtub smelled like a smoking allowed room when it wasnt. Carpet is in need of getting rid of! Worst $189.00 spent at a hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012