“Terrible value”

La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel as part of a last-minute business trip to San Angelo. Unfortunately nothing else in the area had availability for the particular nights I needed to stay as this hotel is rather terrible. The rooms are in a serious need of renovation; old carpets, disgusting bath tub (I've literally never seen more hair in a hotel room), walls so thin you can hear phone conversations from next door, and dirty fixtures throughout. The worst part was that the deadbolt on my door was actually snapped in half! That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in one's safety. All in all I am incredibly disappointed with my stay at the La Quinta, especially considering the room rate. Please avoid if you have any other options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RyanT227

Reviewed April 28, 2013

we found this hotel on the internet,it was priced resonable with our AAA discount.
when we first walked into the room to check it out I could hardly believe how old and outdated everything in the room was. When we checked out the bathroom I was ready to leave, but the Hampton that we had originally wanted to stay at but it was way over priced had no rooms for the night so we were stuck.
Do yourself a favor pay a little extra it will be well worth it. We checked in on 4/27/2013 and luckily only had to stay 1 night. They did have a comfortable bed but it was hard to sleep because I keep thinking there could be bugs in the bed. I did check the covers on the bed and the sheets and didn't see any bugs but saw some in the bathroom.The bathtub was dirty and very stained.Do yourself a favor find somewhere else to stay. I feel bad about the rating but I think I should let others know about our stay.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms, even from the outside the hotel looks more like a Motel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank countrygirl1958
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My sister, her family and I had reservations at this hotel as all others in San Angelo were full. We were there to visit Angelo State where my nephew will be attending school this fall. We arrived at the hotel about 9:30pm, very tired after a long drive. We had 2 rooms, side by side, each with 2 queen beds. Within 15 minutes of our arrival, the air conditioning went out in the room she and I were sharing. After being told that there was only 1 non-smoking room left, we decided to move to that one despite the fact that we would be at the opposite end of the hotel from her husband and son. Shortly after arrival at the new room, we found a dirty towel in the closet and (I am not making this up) a toilet full of #2! When I went to call the front desk, the phone was not working. In attempting to resolve this problem, the staff's suggestion was to "clean" the room but we were not comfortable at all with this idea. To make a longer story short, we were unable to find another hotel room that late and ended up returning to the first room with the staff "switching out" the A/C's. Of course, we did not have to pay for the one room that night but we couldn't get out of the place quick enough the next day. We also noticed that the bathrooms were just plain dirty - - scum in the bathtubs, dirty fingerprints on the doors, and leftover soap in the tub area. The staff was apologetic but this is completely inexcusable; we were not sympathetic to their comments about the difficulty keeping housekeeping staff and how hard their job is. I would sleep in my car before returning to this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank montaigne911
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over a week visit to San Angelo. It was perfectly adequate. The front desk staff was also very professional and friendly in a town where we constantly received poor service everywhere we went.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I will admit - I am generally accustomed to staying in nicer hotels than La Quinta, but this location was recommended by my boss as we work in non-profit and were having trouble finding affordable options in San Angelo (some 2 and 3 star hotels are ~$300 per night - for that price, I better be at a Kimpton or Omni). I was leery about staying here because the guest room doors open to outside and as a female who travels alone, this is usually a no-go. I figured I'd suck it up for the few days and be done....

What a pleasant surprise! The rooms are very clean, spacious, and updated. The beds are even pretty decent...for hotel beds. There is free internet, parking, and breakfast, and it is a short drive to Angelo State University (where I'm visiting). The staff is all VERY friendly and helpful!

I wish there was a fitness center, and a hot tub, but other than that my first stay was very enjoyable and I am currently here for my second stay. I will probably continue to stay at this location when visiting San Angelo.

Room Tip: If you are like me and a female solo traveler, request a room close to the lobby on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a very old hotel and it shows. I needed a room for a one night stay close to San Angelo Community Hospital. This hotel is perfect for that. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the price is very reasonable for San Angelo. The rooms all face outside. Free WiFi is provided and there is also a free breakfast. My biggest complaint is the noise from the adjoining rooms , especially from above. The walls are paper thin and every noise is very loud.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family