La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
$88
$93
$84
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanan older hotelin townwould stay here againthe loopeasy accesswest texasfront desk staffgreat roomking suitestate universityfree breakfastlqmelissawhataburgeraccommodationsrodeo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. I was very nervous about my hotel choice after reading the reviews but was pleasantly shocked! We called ahead to ask for an early check in which wasn't a problem. The front desk clerk remembered us from our phone call when we arrived and already had everything set up for us. She also upgraded us to a suite! The room was very clean and I'm pretty sure the mattress was new. The hotel was so nice we really didn't even want to leave the room! There were a lot of choices at the continintal breakfast and it was all very fresh. Of course the outside of the building looked a bit old and run down but if you know anything about West Texas you know that almost all the buidings look this was. They have to survive terrible weather conditions such as high winds and miserable heat. In the end, I was very happy that I chose this hotel and will be staying there on all my trips to San Angelo!

Room Tip: The suites are really large and have a seperate sitting area (living room) for guests.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a Gold member in the LaQuinta rewards...so I know LaQuintas! This is the WORST LaQuinta I have EVER stayed at. Carpet stained, holes in towels, hand-held shower broken, tub stained horribly....and I could go on! DO NOT STAY HERE! I stayed on business on a Thursday and was going to stay for pleasure the next two days! We got to the room and I said "Aw H&#$ no....we are no staying here!" I checked into another lodging in the city for the next two nights. I wrote a review on the LaQuinta web site and received a call from the on-site GM. He said "if you would have told me about the shower-head I would have fixed it" Little did he know our corporate office had that room rented for the week and the guy that was in that room before me complained to the front desk about the shower-head since it had hit him in the head when it fell.....and he didn't fix it then! He had his chance. Avoid this place....Laquinta needs to build a new hotel next to this one and turn this property into a parking lot. FYI...the staff was great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Came to San Angelo to spend Thanksgiving with my son and his friends stationed at Goodfellow AFB.
The people at La Quinta were all so nice, I hate to dish. But I was charged almost $100/night and it really is an old, old motel with crumbly cement stairs and walkways. And it was 75% empty -- no need to gouge because it was tourist season. To be fair, all the room rates in San Angelo were very expensive (which is why I stayed here) and I don't know why.
I know Texas is really windy and dusty but someone should at least wipe down the railings and ice machine once in awhile. The room furnishings looked good at first, until you saw all the dust and crumbs in all the corners and edge of the carpeting.
The mattress and pillows were horrible -- like old, disintegrating foam rubber. Internet service was very sporadic.
I would not stay here again if I could help it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo