“Bed Bugs DO NOT STAY HERE...RUN!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo

La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Bed Bugs DO NOT STAY HERE...RUN!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta in San Angelo, TX. We were in town for a funeral and we has several family members stay at the same hotel. The at first glance the room looked clean but as you took a closer look it was pretty dirty. But since we were only going to be there to sleep and because I was so upset due to the death in the family I didn't complain. Once home I noticed several red spots on my legs, thighs, hips, stomach and bottom. I ended having to go to the Dr because I was itching and in so much pain. I could not work, sleep and I was just miserable. I went to the Dr, she confirmed that had BED BUG BITES and I had an allergic reaction to them. Since I always travel with my pillow I had to throw it away, I was afraid I had brought them home. I had to buy spray and cover for my mattress and to buy a new pillow. I also spent money on Dr visit and medication. My husband got bites on his legs and my cousins got bite on the legs too. We were there for 3 nights and our sheets were never changed, beds never made up. They would bring clean towels and throw trash. Tubs were pretty grimy. I have tried to contact hotel can't get anyone to return my call. I called the 800 number and filed a complaint. Heard back from Manager by email, according to him "Ecolab out here and they inspected the rooms you stayed in and no trace of bed bugs were found." I find that very hard to believe since I was covered in BED BUG BITES. Do your self a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE....RUN!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Cynthia P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bamberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

This place was horrible. It is a Motel....not a Hotel. I found the Clerk rude and not very helpful. When I came to check in..she was reading a magazine and it appeared as if I was inconveniencing her. If I would have come here during the night, I would have felt safe at all. There was alot of trash and boxes outside. The front entrance of this hotel did not look like this at all. It was horrible. The room was small and had a small stench. The locks did not look like they were new and we were on the first floor. One bed was pushed as close to the door as you could get. Right by the air conditioner. The bathroom was small and the vanity was in the bedroom. There is no space at all. I definitely would NEVER stay here again. I advise you to choose somewhere else as well.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Eldorado, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have stayed here twice now. Both times were good stays. I found that this hotel is quite and close by to the restaurants and the mall. The grounds are clean and the rooms are also clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel might be fine for families with children who want to swim in the outdoor pool, but frankly it is way overdue for a good cleaning. The outdoor stairwells had the odd discarded food bits and a sour odor. The room was neat, but blankets on the beds are worn out and shabby. The bedspread had some icky food smear on the underside. That said, the AC works great, and the staff are super friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed here for one night and had a very nice stay! It has a good location, clean rooms, good breakfast, beds were comfortable. We had a room with two beds and one bed was very close to the air conditioner. I thought this might be a problem with air blowing right on you as you sleep, but it wasn't-got a good night's sleep. Not fancy, but well cared for. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

We recently spent 9 nights at this La Quinta. The room was very clean, the bed was quite comfortable and the staff was very hospitable. The staff did every thing they could to make our stay enjoyable, and succeeded. This was our third stay at this location in 4 years.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

Even though we had requested and was put in a non- smoking room, the smoke smell was very strong - someone had brought in ash trays. I called the front desk and before I could gather my things - someone was at the door with an apology and keys to a different room . The quick response was appreciated!

• Stayed September 2010