“Great Food”

Western Sky Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 238 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Located at the corner of North Chadbourne and 21st Street, just two miles from the fairgrounds.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Western Sky has had consistently good food. Chicken fried steak is excellent. Dinner steak for lunch is good.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Fried pickles, onion rings, sirloin steak and German fries are a must to try. Also serves Mexican food. Did have the brownie sundae and it was great! Good size portions!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

They grill hand cut steaks on a hot griddle, not charbroiled. Juicy, tender and full of crusty flecks of flavor. Get the onion rings and German fries. Leave the pedestrian salad alone. The Chicken Fried Steak is one of the most tender and flavorful I have ever had. Pan fried, golden brown..no heavy batter.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate here because someone recommeded this restaurant as having a great steak! Well it was not. We had the KC for two and could not even eat it. When it came out it had a flour base on it and was pan fried. I asked the manager if this is how they cook their steak and she said yes everyone seemed to like it that way. It was Horrible. You don't put flour on a KC steak and then pan fry it. They do not grill any of their steaks. The salad had wilted lettuce and a piece of carrot. The baked potato was hard. I would never eat here again and would never recommend anyone to eat here.

1  Thank Anita W
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had a trip to San Angelo for work. I go there regularly, and usually eat in a chain restaurant due to being in a hurry. Before leaving, I mentioned I was getting tired of the same old stuff. A girl in the office recommended I try Western Sky. Turned out to be very close to where I would be working, so why not? Drove by and had a look around 12:30. Parking lot full. Good sign for food. Bad sign for my schedule. Wrong!! Got seated right away. Ordered the lunch special, Jaeger steak, medium rare, baked potato, salad. Went to wash grime from my hands. When I returned the salad was waiting. Before I ate it, the steak came, cooked medium rare. Both the food and the friendly service were excellent. This is an older facility from before the highways looped around instead of going through town. The age shows, but I am happy they have kept old fashioned value and good food rather than move and try competing with the national chains. Try it. I think you'll find really good food at very low prices.