“I liked it a lot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I liked it a lot!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Peasant Village came close to perfection on our visit last night. #1 they had nice tablecloths and linens, something that makes every meal better for me, #2 my filet was cooked perfectly and was clearly top quality meat, #3 the potatoes were very tasty--something I might ordinarily not even mention, #4 the wine we ordered (from a limited list) was just fine, and much better than I would have likely expected it to be, #5 our waiter, while not polished in the industry, turned out to be a really nice guy with a good sense of humor, and we enjoyed having him. A few things could have been better. We called about 4:30 for a 6:00 reservation (when they open) but got no answer. I left a message for them to call and confirm whether they could seat us. We never got a call back but had no trouble being seated. The hostess could have used a little training on how to greet people but no big deal (she was young). We were told the sides would be potatoes if they were ready but pasta if the potatoes weren't ready--of course, that's no way to run a decent restaurant--I'm wondering if, since they opened at six, does the staff arrive at 5:45 or so? Anyway, the potatoes did get ready in time and, as I said, they were super good. Final thought: I'd go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat because they got all the important things right--the food and the table setting. And that's what really matters.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ArtColorado

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Top-notch!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had lunch there and tried their absolutely delicious gyro sandwiches. Delicious and huge... very authentic! We haven't yet tried dinner there, but will next time because it's been highly recommended to us. Can't wait to return. Friendly staff... good value.

• Visited September 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Been there twice. First time the food I order was aweful although our guests had some great food.

The food the second time was much better but I'm not sure the value was there. The deserts were the highlight of the meal.

Chef Jason can be an acquired taste and I understand how some people love him and some don't.

The menu is still incoherent and lacks vision but it appears to be getting better. He was talking about spending 6 months in Angele and 6 months in Australia. For someone lacking focus, this may not be the best choice for a restaurant owner.

Visited June 2012
Rockville, Maryland
“Good food, pretty good service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday. When I called ahead to make the reservation, I asked if I could pre-order a dessert to have delivered to him as a surprise. The choices were creme brulee, coconut pie, key lime pie, or bread pudding. I ordered the creme brulee and I was very pleased when the waitress brought it over after he finished eating. I'm glad she remembered! The creme brulee was delicious too!! Very glad I chose that for him!

We started off with a couple drinks and a bowl of french onion soup. I liked the soup because it wasn't too flavorful (I know that sounds weird, but generally I think french onion has too much flavor). My boyfriend thought it was okay. He ordered the prime rib which came with mashed potatoes and mixed yellow and green squash. His meal was delicious! The steak was cooked medium rare and tasted wonderful. Sides were both good too. I ordered the baked seafood platter which came with tilapia, shrimp, and a crab cake (with the two sides as well). The tilapia and shrimp were both great and cooked perfectly. Ok, I am from Maryland, so I probably have been spoiled with delicious crab cakes for my entire life....but I have to admit, this was hands down the worst crab cake I've ever eaten. I'm sorry to say because everything else was good. It was all filler, hardly any crab, and it just tasted weird. Didn't even taste like crab. Luckily, I was full from eating everything else so I didn't have to eat the crab cake. Just want to warn you all, don't order the crab cake!

Overall, service was okay....they weren't super attentive, but they did remember the dessert, which I was pleased about. The food overall was very food, but we both said we wished they provided bread or something before the meal. And stay away from the crab cakes and you'll be good!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kristen M
San Angelo, Texas
“An Unexpected Delight.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Another surprising jewel to be found in West Texas. The food put out by Chef Jason and his crew is unbelievable.

Visited July 2012