“Good food, pretty good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peasant Village Restaurant

Peasant Village Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 221 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rockville, Maryland
“Good food, pretty good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday. When I called ahead to make the reservation, I asked if I could pre-order a dessert to have delivered to him as a surprise. The choices were creme brulee, coconut pie, key lime pie, or bread pudding. I ordered the creme brulee and I was very pleased when the waitress brought it over after he finished eating. I'm glad she remembered! The creme brulee was delicious too!! Very glad I chose that for him!

We started off with a couple drinks and a bowl of french onion soup. I liked the soup because it wasn't too flavorful (I know that sounds weird, but generally I think french onion has too much flavor). My boyfriend thought it was okay. He ordered the prime rib which came with mashed potatoes and mixed yellow and green squash. His meal was delicious! The steak was cooked medium rare and tasted wonderful. Sides were both good too. I ordered the baked seafood platter which came with tilapia, shrimp, and a crab cake (with the two sides as well). The tilapia and shrimp were both great and cooked perfectly. Ok, I am from Maryland, so I probably have been spoiled with delicious crab cakes for my entire life....but I have to admit, this was hands down the worst crab cake I've ever eaten. I'm sorry to say because everything else was good. It was all filler, hardly any crab, and it just tasted weird. Didn't even taste like crab. Luckily, I was full from eating everything else so I didn't have to eat the crab cake. Just want to warn you all, don't order the crab cake!

Overall, service was okay....they weren't super attentive, but they did remember the dessert, which I was pleased about. The food overall was very food, but we both said we wished they provided bread or something before the meal. And stay away from the crab cakes and you'll be good!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kristen M

San Angelo, Texas
“An Unexpected Delight.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Another surprising jewel to be found in West Texas. The food put out by Chef Jason and his crew is unbelievable.

Visited July 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“OVER rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've really tried hard to like this place. But from the lack of curbside appeal, to the layout of the seating, to the attitude of the owners, to the ho-hum food itself . . .lackluster. Nothing spectacular. Whoever thinks this place is wonderful, hasn't been around much. Meh . . .

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ava H
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“One of the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place was great, the food is really good. The sandwhichs are really good here, lots of really good choices, good prices. Don't let the building fool you, this place is really good. This place should be on TV, it's that good. Although make sure you get two drinks if you get soda, it's in cans. Brings cash it's easier, i am told by the locals the place can get busy.

Visited May 2012
Texas
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Peasant Village always pleases. They have an excellent menu and Chef Jason is fantastic!

Visited January 2012