“Best Mexican Food in Town”

La Chilanga World Famous Mexican Cocina
Ranked #18 of 244 Restaurants in San Angelo
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We eat here often. The hot sauce is so good and consistent. My husband usually gets the hangover special which has steak bits and bacon with an enchilada. The seasoning they use on the steak is so good. If you haven’t checked it out do yourself a favor and go!

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Haven't been impressed with the Mexican food options in San Angelo. But this place is a step above the rest. My go to place in town.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

I was in San Angelo for business, actually at Goodfellow Air Force Base. After a couple of nights of meeting and greeting with the group I decided to go on my own. I found this restaurant through TripAdvisor, and what a pleasant surprise. Although not a big fan of Mexican food, I am a fan of good food. This place is just flat-out good food, not good Mexican food just good food! It is family oriented in the hostess, and perhaps manager, is extremely nice. She was very thoughtful and anticipated my request. The food and service were so good, I actually went there on multiple occasions during my 5-day visit. Highly recommended for visitors and residents alike. If you are looking for a restaurant with a lot of fanfare and hoopla, don't go here. If you're looking for a restaurant with just flat-out good food this is the place.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We are here our first night in San Angelo. It was wonderful! The best Mexican food I have had anywhere. It was my granddaughters third birthday. They brought out a special dessert for her. She danced all the way to the parking lot!

Reviewed April 30, 2017

I’m not sure in what world this restaurant is “world famous.” We went for lunch. The chips are not bad; the salsa was like chunky ketchup. We asked for the hot stuff the locals eat and thankfully, it was better. We had beef tacos, rice and beans. Having had excellent tacos the day before in Midland, La Chilanga’s version was more comparable to an upscale Taco Bell version. The rice and beans were just rice and beans and were not remarkable. If you like Americanized, gringo Mexican food, you will like La Chilanga. If you are expecting more authentic Mexican food, go somewhere else. Service was mediocre. I gave La Chilanga three stars; my husband gave it two stars.