“Watch the Charges”

Days Inn San Angelo
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

When hotel was booked, the fee was put on my credit card although I was not told. At check out, the receptionist wanted me to sign that the charge would be placed on my credit card that day. She did not understand that it had already been placed on the account. When I finally signed, I checked online and the reservation date charge was taken off and the check out date was added. There were three people in the lobby with the same issue. One had already paid the credit card bill. It was a mess! Their wording is terrible and communication not much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Colleen G

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here the 18th and 19th of August, 2013, and would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast was very poor. Most important was the face that on our se nod evening we returned to the room to be greeted by a terrible stench. We went to the front desk and were offered another room which we took, but the a/c was very slow to respond, then went to a third room where the electronic lock would not function, then returned to the second room. The front desk person said that she would get approval for a discount because of the problems, but we were never given the discount!

We. certainly recommend avoiding this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 80JDM
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This property was old and not well-maintained; in a questionable part of town and not nearly the quality I think meet the Best Western standard. Cost was too expensive for what we got. We ate breakfast at the mid-point of the open session and it was dreadful. Most things were gone; quality was poor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let's face it - We go to a hotel to sleep. The beds (2 Queens)in our room were very comfortable. I was impressed that housekeeping took the time and expended the effort to fluff and display 4 pillows per bed. My girlfriend and I were overjoyed when we discovered that each of the 4 pillows on the bed was different (harder, softer, thicker, thinner, etc) than the others. We slept very well that night. In fact, we slept through our personal alarm clock. However, after such quality rest we were quite alright with that "problem". Please be aware that room rates in San Angelo will be steep due to the massive influx of Oil Field Workers for some time to come. However, this hotel was worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very clean hotel and room. Comfortable beds. Reasonable rates. Breakfast area was a bit disorganized but food was good. I would stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013

if you like a dirty room, with not working light bulbs, blood stains, no toilet paper and no Kleenex and flies flying around you...this is the place for you on top of that bad and poor customer service and careless management

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

By FAR the WORST Best Western I have ever stayed at, as I travel a considerable amount. Even when I did address the issues of our stay, it seemed to be no big deal that the toilet did not work for our entire stay of 2 days. I called the front desk in the morning after a night of the toilet not flushing and they said they would send maintenance up - that was in the morning..

We went to enjoy the pool that they advertise only to find the maintenance guy still cleaning the pool at 11am. Pool hours were suppose to start at 9am...how can you enjoy the pool if check out is at 11?

After returning to our room late in the evening -we came back to our room only to find nobody had been there to fix the toilet so I again called the front desk and was told that it was after hours and maintenance would not be able to look at it until in the morning. Another night of a toilet not flushing!!!

When checking out I mentioned it to the new desk clerk and the maintenance guy said that it wasn't an emergency for I was checking out anyway. AH - I was so ready to check out of this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel if possible. Hotel is outdated and not kept up.