“Noisy little modular motel”

Comfort Suites San Angelo
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Snyder, Texas
“Noisy little modular motel”
Reviewed April 16, 2008

This is a fairly new property built at about the same time as its cookie-cutter relatives, a holiday inn express & best western located across the recently completed loop around San Angelo. This motel was evidently thrown up with popsickle sticks and airplane glue, as the guests above me were heard stomping around above me in tune with the traffic noise from the feeder road some 15 feet from the edge of the property. We had booked a hot tub suite on the ground floor at the insistence of my wife; I normally try to get a top floor room at these modular motels, to avoid the upstairs commotion.
The location is not good, as we had to go down the feeder & turn around through construction to get on Sherwood Way and head toward town, or through more construction and a long light to get back on the loop headed the other way.
The staff, however, were west- texas friendly, and the breakfast was more than adequate, with eggs & sausage as well as the carbo fare. The rooms are well decorated and clean; however, the cheap & flimsy construction and noisy location made it a bad choice for me. If you're deaf, drunk, or otherwise oblivious, it shouldn't matter.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2007

After looking at all the reviews of places to stay in San Angelo, we decided on the Comfort Suites.

It is, as all the others said, a nice place to stay.
Nothing extravagant, typical mid range American chain decor, similar to the ex Amerisuites chain.
Room was very clean and well eqipped, plenty of towels, extra pillows, nice amenities.
Staff was professional, but not exceptional..
We did not eat the offered breakfast there, prefering to find something unique to the area, which we did.
A funky little diner, hole in the wall place called BO BO Kitchen.
Standard fare, nice people, well prepared breakfast, lunch, kind of place.
All four of us loved it. As I noted before, we like to find something that is unique to the area, not another sterile, cookie cutter chain.

• Liked — Well maintained, new, clean, extra towels, pillows etc.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Room was clean and large (especially nice with the high ceiling) and well furnished. I was there during a massive cricket swarm of the entire area, and the hotel managed the problem pretty well (I didn't have any in my room, a minor miracle given that they could be shoveled like snow outside). Desk staff was very friendly, and saved my life with a fresh baked cookie when I was starving to death at my late check-in.

Location was bad for walking anywhere to eat (my co-worker had the rental car, alas) but there were many options in close driving range (Olive Garden across the street).

• Liked — Lack of Crickets, price
  • Disliked — One lamp with a bad switch (ok, that is picky)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
College Station, TX
Reviewed October 19, 2007

My room was spacious, clean, and included a microwave and refrigerator. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Mary M. who prepared the breakfast and coffee each morning was cheery and friendly. She reminded me of the Mom who wanted all her children to start their day with a good breakfast. AND the breakfast was always good!! - The main hot course was different each day (omelets one day, biscuits w/sausage and egg, gravy and biscuits etc...) plus fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal, waffles etc. What a tremendous deal for a family staying at this nice hotel!
I also want to mention the people at the front desk were courteous, and efficient. I spoke with Albert when I booked my room and he was extremely polite then as he was during my stay.
The location was convenient - near many restaurants, the mall, and I even managed to find "Curves" so I could exercise, BUT I also used the treadmill in the work out room at the motel.
I don't think you will regret staying at this reasonably priced motel!

• Liked — the spacious rooms, the free breakfast
  • Disliked — the room doors slammed if you did not hold them-need privacy drapes to let the natural light in.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
texas
Reviewed March 18, 2007

We went to several Hotels in San Angelo to get rates for a 2 night stay. The best rate of all came from Comfort Suites which was by far the nicest hotel we visited! The San Angelo Inn quoted us an extremely high rate and it was soooo old and dirty! The Holiday Inn on the loop told us the rate would be $119, and we decided to go with Comfort Suites because the rate was only $80 per night and that included breakfast for all 4 of us!! The breakfast was great-- hot and good selection! The room was spotless and the showers were nice & hot! All of these factors don't even compare to the service though.... The STAFF was amazing! So courteous and helpful-- great hospitality!
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — The Staff and the clean rooms!
  • Disliked — they don't accept pets....
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasTeri
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2006

This was the most delightful stay in San Angelo, Texas. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I had the best service and rooms in the whole city.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2005

I realize they are new, but that is no excuse for poor service and rude attitude. If you are traveling to San Angelo, save yourself the headaches and the cost to stay here. From check in my husband and I were treated with a "I don't really care" attitude when the non smoking room we reserved was not held for us. We are allergic to smoke.

Nothing is worse than people who do not care. The cost was too high to be treated this way.

Stayed November 2005