“A Wonderful Picture!!”

San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts
Ranked #9 of 27 things to do in San Angelo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I didn't like that the museum would not allow me to take photos.

Well I thought to myself I should allow the persons responsible for the care of these pieces of art.
They should have full control. I have seen many items that I would like to have had a picture of but I have seen origianals in this place and I hope we keep it for along time.

There are newer reviews for San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts

Reviewed April 27, 2012

VERY courteous lady greeted us! The building is unique in itself but the art was amazing to see this past weekend. The place is very educational and interesting as well. My husband and I will go back on family day just to enjoy the different showcases and demonstrations! Price is right for every and anyone!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Lots of educational and family activities.Come by on the second Satuurday of each month. Our museum is gorgeous. The shape and style of the building itself reminds one of the old west becasue it is shaped like a covered wagon (Google it). Many companies use the facilities for Christmas parties, musical recitals, etc. The museum sits right by the Concho River and the municipal pool. Old Town is right next to it. These are five buildings that are structures that show different architecutral periods in the early years of our town. The whole area is beautiful!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The SAMFA is a Large building that represents a covered wagon overlooking the downtown river.
The design of the building is so unique in that it shows a time from early Fort Concho days in the 1860s.
every month there is a family day which showcases a different country. there are free demonstrations, food tasting and activities for ALL ages..lots of places to kick back and enjoy the art, and for a reasonable price to boot during the week and regular weekends.
also note..excellent p;ace to watch the fireworks at annual POPS concert on the river..usually the 3rd of July., but does require reserved seating arrangements then.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

You will be surprised at the talent that is displayed at this museum in the middle of West Texas.