“Great Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Food was excellent. It was a Friday night, so pretty busy. The interior is nothing special, but service is fast and food good. It is authentic food.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a small place, but during the evening hours in the summer, or during spring and fall, there is a great patio. The flavors here will knock out your taste buds! Their green sauce is second to none, the veracruz sauce. Great salsa, super enchiladas with a really unique sauce and tremendous carne asada. Top it off with a cold beer and it is a superb meal! But if you want something a little extra special, they also have homemade Tres Leches cake and homemade pies!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Everything was great! Even thought it was a busy lunchtime visit, we received prompt service, and the food was excellent.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am in town visiting and I always check TA to test out the local fare. Upon reading all of the great reviews for this establishment, I decided to try it out. I was greeted immediately upon entering with a smiling faced hostess. I looked over the menu and decided to go with the modetto (I think) special. It comprised of two deliciously prepared steak burritos with guacamole that were grilled and topped with their delicious queso! The steak (was skirt or flank) was prepared wonderfully, it was very moist and full of flavor. The garnish salad I found to be very good as well and I typically do not eat them from Mexican restaurants but this was different. The garnish salad was prepared with thinly sliced romaine( usually is iceberg), along with thinly chopped white onion, tomato and a healthy dollup of guacamole (which was fantastic). I would definately recommend this place to anyone who is considering it.

1  Thank snewoblue
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I reviewed this in Feb, 2012 and gave it 4 stars and I'm now upping to 5 stars. Originally, I loved the lunch menu but I felt the dinner menu was lacking. Well they have either improved the food from those menus or my taste buds have changed!
Since the original review, I have done some eating research, comparing it with another favorite, Franco's.
Upon comparison, I think the food at Armenta's is above Franco. For instance, the fajitas at Armenta's are full of flavor, while those I had at Franco's was somewhat bland. Try it a few days apart and you will taste what I am saying.
I have found no meal that I did not like. Of course, the building is very small and you have to time your visit, but the same is true of Franco's (a little bit bigger). Armenta's now have outside patio dining when the weather is good and that patio is usually full. This is the place for great Mexican food.