“Good location, Cleaning Staff Needs a Refresher Course”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Angelo
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Ohio
“Good location, Cleaning Staff Needs a Refresher Course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my first time staying in San Angelo, TX. I do travel often for business and typically make reservations to stay at a Hampton Inn, but based on the reviews on TripAdvisor I elected to stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites in San Angelo. When we arrived on Monday around 1:30pm we were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk. They were able to check us in early which was a plus. We arrived in our room and everything looked nice and clean.

The 2nd day of our stay. When we returned from our job site we found our dirty wash cloths still in the shower floor. From this I would take that the shower was not cleaned that day.

The 3rd day of our stay we left the room early in the morning to head to our job site. We came back around 11:30 am and our room was not clean yet which was ok, I understand. The lady responsible for our room was in the hallway and asked if our room needed cleaned and I said yes. So about 10 minutes later she knocks on our door and I say can you please come back in about 15 minutes and she says ok. So we leave our room and walk down to the elevator and she says "Does your room need everything?" I said yes everything. I assume when they clean your room they clean everything (maybe not). When my husband and I return to our room later that evening we open the door to only find that our pizza box from supper the night before is still laying on the floor and the trash in the can is still full plus our empty pop case is still there. I walk into the bathroom to find no wash clothes and only one hand towel. Also, the sweeper had not been run or the bathroom sink cleaned as there was still tooth paste in the sink.

I called the front desk and they apologized. They brought up some wash cloths and hand towels and took the trash out for us. They also applied points to our rewards card. They did say they were training the cleaning staff too. The next day we come into our room and it is clean and filled with towels and the trash is removed. There is a note on the bed from the cleaning staff which was nice.

The continental breakfast is okay. If you are staying there for more than a few days you will get tired of the same "hot" breakfast offers day after day. There is no changing it. Even after talking with the manager at the front desk he said "Scrambled Eggs and Sausage" is there only choice. They can't even substitute bacon for sausage. It's a shame that a hotel which charges extreme rates for a room can be so stiff about their variety of food.

If my travels bring me back to San Angelo, TX I will return to Hampton Inn I believe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Comfortable rooms and beds. Outdoor pool and hot tub were very clean and well maintained. Staff was very accommodating. Continental breakfast was perfect and had plenty to choose from. If you need a roll away bed be sure to request one when you book room. We did not, but staff was great to provide us with what we needed so we could make an extra pallet on floor for one of our kids. Also, I needed help on computers and front desk staff was wonderful and patient with me.

Room Tip: If you need a roll away bed, be sure to request one when you book room. They are first come first se...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am presently at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in San Angelo and I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but they were booked this week. I stayed in a suite and found it clean, large, nice furniture, great pillows and new TV's. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was good.

The only challenge with any hotel in San Angelo is that rooms book early (lots of oil business in this area) and the rates (doesn't matter what hotel) are generally outside of what my company likes to pay. So, if you are booking a trip to San Angelo, book early and consider this hotel. It is a nice find in San Angelo.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We travel often to San Angelo, TX, to visit our daughter and son-in-law. We always stay at the Fairfield Inn where we are treated like family. The staff works hard to accommodate us in a comfortable, quiet room. Granted this is not a resort, but it is a clean, well-kept, comfortable hotel. We appreciate the hard work of Pat and Melissa in the breakfast room, hotel manager Janet, front desk manager Briton, and Stacy and Romo of the housekeeping staff. They work well together, always wanting to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We appreciate their efforts.

We agree with the fact that you have to walk through the smoking area to enter the hotel, which is not a very nice welcome. But once inside the premises are clean and fresh. Yes, the prices have increased with the influx of oil workers, but that's the price of progress, we guess. We will continue to stay at the Fairfield in San Angelo.

Room Tip: As stated by others, the hotel faces a major street. For a quieter room, choose one on the "ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

All of our needs and expectations were met with nothing out of the ordinary experience with the NOTABLE exception of having to walk through the smoking area which is adjacent to the lobby entrance! The breakfast was the usual fare and all very acceptable.

Please be prepared for sticker shock as you will likely find the rates to be higher, much higher, than you would expect in this market! I'm told this is due to an unbelievable demand for rooms given the booming oil/gas industry.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FlyingThunderMonkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were traveling by motorcycle and checked in early on an extremely hot afternoon. The check in clerk was very helpful, but when I got two bottles of water I was charged five dollars. That seemed excessive to me, especially since other hotels had offered free water because of my Hilton Honors membership. The room itself was clean and comfortable. On a hot day we would have liked to refresh ourselves in the pool but it had too many things floating around in it to make that an option. If you are traveling by motorcycle, there are several restaurants within waking distance. Breakfast was decent, the food was good, but nothing special.

Room Tip: This hotel is on a busy road. The quieter rooms are on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rider65
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

It was wonderful to discover Fairfield Inn and Suites. This one puts to shame, others in its class, in San Angelo. One of the most cordial and helpful staffs that we have ever experienced...especially Maria who was our host in the breakfast area. We will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family