“Not up to par”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have eaten here several times in the last 3 decades. It was always highly regarded. Things have changed it seems. Without the details, I can only say, 'I won't be back'. Service was lacking, food was not good.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I am so sorry you were dissappointed and things were not up to par. I am checking into the matter and hopefull if you decide to give us another chance and I hope you do, you will see the improvement. We appreciate your concern and I will make every effort to correct this.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great chicken fried steak, great service. Bernay and Betty are always gracious and welcoming. Interior could stand some updating, but that doesn't affect the food!

Thank you for coming out for one of our Chicken Fried Steaks. I am happy to announce we are remodeling and hopefull should be completed by the early part of summer. Oh by the way we won Best Chicken Fried Steaks last week's PEOPLES CHOICE.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went to Zentner's Daughter Steak House based on a recommendation and but I wasn't overly impressed. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and is far bigger on the inside than what it looks like on the outside. The decor is definately authentically older which adds to the perception of it being there for a long time. I ordered the sirloin steak with a loaded bake potato and side salad. The service was fine, but for the prices of the meals i would have thought the meals would arrive on real plates instead of those plastic plates. When my meal arrive it looked good, but the steak was not as hot as i would have expected. The steak did taste very good even thought it wasn't overly hot. The baked potato was not very hot and the salad was small.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We have been here a long time in fact we have been at this location for 37 years and in business for 67 years. Our Steak are seasoned with the traditional Garlic Seasoning. The Salad and Potatoes are included with the meal price. I hope they did not charge you for it. All our steaks are ONE POUND serving. Again thank you for your time.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to many steakhouses in my time but Zentners is definitely the best I have ever eaten. The seasonings on their steaks is amazing. I look forward to going there again.

Thank you for your response. I am thrilled that you dined out with us. Please let us know the next time you are in.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

They have above average steak and hamburgers with choice of fries or baked potato. Salads are fresh and excellent home cooked desserts.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for taking the time comment