“I'm hungry, and tired...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zentner's Daughter Steak House

Zentner's Daughter Steak House
Ranked #19 of 221 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
San Angelo, Texas
“I'm hungry, and tired...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I work late a lot, so I'll call it in for pick ups all the time. Not just here, but whatever I'm craving for that particular time. But this place OMG!! constantly messing up on my orders, just ruins my dinner after working hard all day long!! I feel so sorry for my wife, she's the one that has to face me every time. She just want to feed me and to make me happy after long hard day at work. This one time I called in for T-bone steak dinner order to go. I went there to pick it up after about 20-30min. later (that's how long it was going to take, they said). When I got there to pick it up, I was there for another 30min. waiting, then finally lady asked me again what I was waiting for. So I told her, she said she'll go to the kitchen to check. She came back saying they lost the order, and that they'll cook me a rush order if I could tell her what I ordered. I said, I was too hungry and tired to be waiting for another 20-30min. and I'll just go fast food place. She said " Please Give Us A Another Chance " and that it will be free. So I ended up waiting for another 20-30min. Then this another time, when I called in for same order I've asked for baked potato, instead of French fries. Yep, you've guessed it I got French fries. And a lot of times they'll even mess up on the salad dressing. I'll ask for French, and I'll get Ranch in stead. I mean how can you mess up an easy order as T-Bone dinner?? only comes with 4 things. The T-Bone, French fries or baked potato and salad and the toast. How hard is that to pack up?? When I called to complain, she'll just tell me " I'm Sorry, Please Give Us A Another Chance " I told her last time, " You Tell Me That Every Time ".... No more this place for me...I'm Too Hungry, and Tired!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sam k
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Zentners Daughter . Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you outlined in your review. It seems that one thing lead to another and then it just left with a not so positive experience at the end. I will share your concerns with the leadership of our restaurant in efforts to better serve our future guests. I know you mentioned you already spoke to a member of management upon departing, I hope they were able to offer a solution or even an apology for your experience. Please fell free to call and discuss with me your experience, I am very concerned and do not want this to happen again. Betty Zentner

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What happened to Zentners?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I flew in from Dallas to have Mothers Day lunch with my family. It was crowded but we were seated fairly quickly. When 2 roaches crawled across our table we asked to be moved. Not once did a Manager come to check on us after we reported the roaches. We sHould have left right then. It took a good 40 minutes to get our salads. Then another 30 minutes to get the steaks. They ran out of baked potatoes but never told us till our steaks were served. The steak was tough. About the time we were finished with our meal the waitress brought bread to the table. As I paid the bill I asked to speak with the manager. When I explained my experience, I was met with excuses. Dear Zentner family, CLEAN your restaurant, hire a management team that will take some pride in their job! I am embarrassed for you.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DalSan25
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for reaching out to tell us about your experience on Mother's Day.Your review was devasting to read, We understand one of our best features is our historical family background. Please note that Zentners Daughter is under a constant review and exterminator services and have been notified and taken care of. Your concerns you mentioned are extremely helpful to us, and we will move forward to better the guest experience.
“Sadly disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and Iwent for lunch got there at 1115, Got our beer fairly quickly down hill from there. After 14 min had to ask other waiter for water with lemon. Finally took order steak flavorful but very tough. Had to ask and wait 7 min for tx toast first time in years we were disappointed. Haven't gone in a while due to husbands illness. Were able to get out and this is his spot. We didn't get our food for almost 20 min after we completed our very small salad. Never had to wait this long on lunch service with so few customers. We will try again in future and hope for the best

Visited April 2013
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am Truly sorry for you and of course your husbands service since this is his place. Our number one interest is that you are satisfied and I will look into why the service took so long. We no longer serve water or bread unless it is requested, but if you asked for this in advance I applogized. Please do join us again and Hope that your Husband will continue to recover from his illness.
“Easter Sunday Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Zentner's for Easter Sunday Lunch, Zentner's has now started serving the dinner salad in a tea cup sized bowl. We ordered the Sunday Fest. Menu says pick 2 of either, catfish, steak, chicken or shrimp. I told the waiter I wanted the steak & chicken. He said they were told that morning they couldn't do that. It had to be steak & steak - no combination. I wanted baked potato. He said No you have to get the mashed potatoes. Which were Instant Mashed potatoes. The steak was OK & the brocolli was good. On the way out I overheard the cashier on the telephone. Someone wanting to know if they were crowded. There were very few people there but, she told them she couldn't promise there would be a table available in the next 10 minutes when church let out. I think I would have offered to reserve them a table.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Sorry for the confustion on Easter Sunday. Because of the after Church Rush on Easter Sunday we limited the menu items. It was only on Easter Sunday, you can get the Sunday Fest Now with regular menu items
Choice of any 2, K C Steak, Grilled or Fried Shrimp, Catfish, Grilled Chicken Choice of Vegetable, Baked Potato or French Fries, Soup or Salad, coffee or Tea and Dessert for 12.95.
The staff will gladly serve your salad in a larger plate, all you have to do is request it at no extra charge. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.
midland texas
“date with my love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been eating at zentners and zentners daughter since the 70's and there steaks, onion rings, and tea are great.the steaks are the most flavorful I have ever had in a restaurant, when I got married 18 years ago I started taking my wife and we both love the food.the atmosphere is wonderful and the service is the best, only thing zentners needs to change is the quality of the steaks on there k.c.even though the flavor is wonderful, I think they should have better quality meet on there k.c. only.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Glad to have you as such a long standing customer. I am sorry you were dissapointed in the quality of the Kansas City Sirloin. I wish you would have brought it to the attention of the staff. We serve only Certified Angus Beef with 28 Days Age to insure the flavor and tenderness. The next time you dine with us please ask for me, Betty Zentner, and I will make sure you are satisfied. Thank you again for your continued business.