“A TRUE top level Texas Steakhouse”

Zentner's Daughter Steak House
Ranked #16 of 223 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Tucson, Arizona
“A TRUE top level Texas Steakhouse”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have the great experience of meeting an old friend at this top notch steakhouse while in San Angelo. The service was superb and having met the owner, and her husband made the experience even better. Food was great, the bartender attentive and thanks Betty for the introduction to the limited and special Texas wine. And the onion rings are not to be believed both for quality and quanity! This is a special and must see stop when in San Angelo!

• Visited February 2013
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
It was a pleasure to visit with you and Glad To Have A New Texas Wine enthusiast. Yea! Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for visiting with us and do come again when you are back in TEXAS.....

San Angelo, Texas
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Over priced. Slow Service. My prime rib came out cold in the middle and hot on the edges...signs of it being microwaved. We had to have been seated for over 20 minutes before someone ever took our order.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
You failed to mention that it was Valentine Evening. We do not use a microwave . And we do not even serve prime rib. I am sorry for the wait but this was one of the busiest times of the year besides Mother's Day. I am not sure what steak you ordered but if you order any type of steak from rare to med well the center is always going to be cooler than the outside. I do value all responds and follow up on them. I do hope you will dine with us again at a less traffic time.
“Disapointing”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The bar tender didn't know how to make a whiskey old fashion sweet they were out of fillets and tenderloins I had a ribeye that had no flavor they serve there food on plastic plates. Really
Don't waste your time go to miss hatties down town

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I have to explain to you that our beef is aged 30 days and when we run out we are out of the age beef for that day. San Angelo has their Stock and Show Rodeo this week and we ran out although we antisipated having more aged Beef we did not come anywhere close to having enough. I appologized for the dissapointment of not having the Tenders. As for the seasoning, I am confused we season with our Traditional Garlic Seasoning we do have salt and pepper on the table, as some people look for a lighter seasoning.
Ballinger, Texas
“What was that?”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Service was ok but not great. Forgot to bring out part of our meal. The chicken fried steak was ok but not great The gravy on the chicken fried steak was not recognizable. Dressing for the salad was more like tartar sauce than Ranch dressing. We meet there with a group every couple of months, otherwise we would not go back.

• Visited January 2013
breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Please the next time you are with your group let me know I would like to make things right. I want to enjoy your dining experience every time you dine with us
San Angelo, Texas
“Much improved!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My Wife and I went in here for the first time in a LONG TIME and we were well pleased. Mrs. Betty could have said "hello to us" however that isn't a requirement in my book. It would have made it more personable though.

Especially since we went on a Saturday at 2:05p on 01/12/2013. The sign said they closed at 2:00p and that was OK. We did stop by and there and they had a very lucrative party going on.
The staff didnt' complain and they shoudn't to the customer, however you could tell that they were put out.

We were the next to the last people let in to the estabishment. I would like the STAFF to know you all did a good job. The last people I saw come in was an older couple, both with canes and they came in at 2:35p.

They did have a new menu item I wasn't familiar with: Steak Sandwich Bernay.
It was very GOOD!!! KUDOS ON THAT MENU ADDITION.

I would like to see a "kraut burger" but I hold no hopes of that. That is Grilled Onion and Kruat
on a burger. I Love those.

• Visited January 2013
I am glad you enjoyed the steak Bernay It has become a favorite item. I am so sorry I did not make it to your table. I do remember the day. There was a 90th birthday party in the Johann Room and I was hopping. Lol. You guys are the best and thanks for all your compliments. Do not wait so long. This next time Andi promise I will come to your table with a plate of onion rings just for you. Thanks again.