“Not worth the price”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Over priced. Slow Service. My prime rib came out cold in the middle and hot on the edges...signs of it being microwaved. We had to have been seated for over 20 minutes before someone ever took our order.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

You failed to mention that it was Valentine Evening. We do not use a microwave . And we do not even serve prime rib. I am sorry for the wait but this was one of the busiest times of the year besides Mother's Day. I am not sure what steak you ordered but if you order any type of steak from rare to med well the center is always going to be cooler than the outside. I do value all responds and follow up on them. I do hope you will dine with us again at a less traffic time.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The bar tender didn't know how to make a whiskey old fashion sweet they were out of fillets and tenderloins I had a ribeye that had no flavor they serve there food on plastic plates. Really
Don't waste your time go to miss hatties down town

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I have to explain to you that our beef is aged 30 days and when we run out we are out of the age beef for that day. San Angelo has their Stock and Show Rodeo this week and we ran out although we antisipated having more aged Beef we did not come anywhere close to having enough. I appologized for the dissapointment of not having the Tenders. As for the seasoning, I am confused we season with our Traditional Garlic Seasoning we do have salt and pepper on the table, as some people look for a lighter seasoning.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Service was ok but not great. Forgot to bring out part of our meal. The chicken fried steak was ok but not great The gravy on the chicken fried steak was not recognizable. Dressing for the salad was more like tartar sauce than Ranch dressing. We meet there with a group every couple of months, otherwise we would not go back.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Please the next time you are with your group let me know I would like to make things right. I want to enjoy your dining experience every time you dine with us

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My Wife and I went in here for the first time in a LONG TIME and we were well pleased. Mrs. Betty could have said "hello to us" however that isn't a requirement in my book. It would have made it more personable though.

Especially since we went on a Saturday at 2:05p on 01/12/2013. The sign said they closed at 2:00p and that was OK. We did stop by and there and they had a very lucrative party going on.
The staff didnt' complain and they shoudn't to the customer, however you could tell that they were put out.

We were the next to the last people let in to the estabishment. I would like the STAFF to know you all did a good job. The last people I saw come in was an older couple, both with canes and they came in at 2:35p.

They did have a new menu item I wasn't familiar with: Steak Sandwich Bernay.
It was very GOOD!!! KUDOS ON THAT MENU ADDITION.

I would like to see a "kraut burger" but I hold no hopes of that. That is Grilled Onion and Kruat
on a burger. I Love those.

I am glad you enjoyed the steak Bernay It has become a favorite item. I am so sorry I did not make it to your table. I do remember the day. There was a 90th birthday party in the Johann Room and I was hopping. Lol. You guys are the best and thanks for all your compliments. Do not wait so long. This next time Andi promise I will come to your table with a plate of onion rings just for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I visited Zentner's Daughter for the first time in several years during a recent trip to San Angelo. I had read some of the comments on line about Zentner's and wondered if maybe it had gone down in quality.

In our opinion, it hasn't. We had a great experience.

The atmosphere was bright, the service was friendly, and the food was exceptional.

We started off with an order of onion rings. We asked our server if we could have a small order instead of the "bale" on the menu, and she brought us what she insisted was a small order but seemed very large to us. The onion rings were simply the best. Greasy, of course, but very tasty and fried just right.

We split the KC sirloin steak for one ($17.50) and loved it. The KC has a lot of garlic, so if you don't like garlic then you might not like the steak. But that was the Zentner's distinctive flavor we remembered and had often longed for. The steak was tender, cooked just right (medium), and oh the flavor. And it was plenty for both of us. We added an extra set-up for $5.95. The baked potato was soft and lathered in butter, and the salad was crisp and tasty.

It was a terrific meal, and we will be back. Soon, I hope.

By the way, if you've never been to San Angelo, you have missed a real jewel of a city.

breegg, Owner at Zentner's Daughter Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your visit and response . I do hope you will dine with us again. I an glad that you explained about the traditional garlic seasoning. It is a German seasoning that we pride ourself on and sometime does not set too well with some folks. We are always happy to prepare your steaks the way you want with or without the seasoning. Thanks again and happy new year