“I wish I had an excuse to go back to San Angelo just to stay here again”

Inn at the Art Center
Ranked #1 of 3 San Angelo B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Augusta, Georgia
“I wish I had an excuse to go back to San Angelo just to stay here again”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I needed a room for one night in San Angelo and almost died of sticker shock when I saw what chain motels/hotels were going for in the area. On a whim I decided to check the bed and breakfast section. I am so glad I did!
For a GREAT rate I booked the artist loft. This cozy room was located above the Silo House restaurant (which was closed on the night I stayed). Neat room with a very comfortable bed. There was bottled water and coffee in the room.
I was given a key to "the breakfast nook" that offered complimentary beer/wine/soda/juice and a variety of snacks. There were cinnamon rolls in the morning.
Great grounds, beautiful at night. I didn't really get to enjoy much of it as I had to leave first thing in the morning.

I would much rather stay here than an overpriced chain. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I loved the artist's loft.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Far, far exceeded my expectations! This is an exciting place to stay. Rooms are very comfortable and decorated beautifully with an artists touch. Great coffee and the most outstanding cinnamon rolls I've ever eaten.
I am anxious to go back to San Angelo, just to stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Sante Fe room and it was terrific. The bathroom mirror and the ''party'...
Green Features: The recycle box was prominently marked for easy use.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at the Art Center following our wedding. We booked the Artist's Loft because we loved the pictures. We weren't disappointed!

The room was breathtaking. It was tastefully decorated and comfortable. It was very romantic!

The bed was comfortable and the shower was spacious. Everything was tastefully decorated. Downstairs was a kitchenette stocked with everything from beer to ice cream bars, all included in the price. We slipped down for a late night snack.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay, and we plan to stay every year on our anniversary.

Room Tip: Three rooms available - preview the pictures to choose.
Green Features: VERY environmentally friendly. Recycling bins available and eco-friendly cleaning practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Inn at the Art Center, or "the old chicken farm" as locals know it to be, is a very quaint artsy place. If you like quiet this is what I have experienced in the silo room (artist's loft). I feel like I'm here all alone to relax and enjoy some alone time. If you feel like some company you can go out to the grounds and take your chance to run into a local artist, guest, or even the cat (which, I hear her name is Ellie--so is mine! haha). There's so much art to look at, and even purchase, if you find something that catches your heart. Much talent at this art center! The silo room is very cozy and clean. The only drawback are the television channels. Unless you like watching the Weather channel or the other 2 that come in sort of clear, then great. But at night I like to relax with some TV watching -unfortunately I've had to resort to watching Netflix and Direct TV shows on my laptop and/or iphone. There is Wi-Fi here so I was able to accommodate my TV issue. I initially reserved 2 nights here but upon arrival I immediately asked if a 3rd is available.. and would stay here the duration of my week in San Angelo had I not reserved at another B&B. The service here is great and the 24 hr. access to the stocked kitchen in the building next door make for an at-home feel. I definitely recommend! ..Oh, the bed mattress is a little hard and towels a little stiff but those are issues that can be easily remedied if the owners looked into a mattress topper and fabric softener *wink.

Room Tip: if stairs are a problem, the artist's loft may not be a good choice. There's a spiral stairc...
Green Features: Inn at the Art Center is very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We read about the Art Center in the travel section of our local newspaper and decided to check it out on our way to the mountains. The first indication is that it is not in a very good part of town. When we pulled up to the Art Center on a Thursday afternoon around 3pm, there was not a soul in sight!! It was like a ghost town. I made a call to get the lady to help us to our room above the restaruant in the Silo. They had two window air conditioning units going but they needed four. The room never did cool off. The room seemed like it was out of the 60's, not too good and not too bad, except for the poor air conditioning. It was far from an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My co-worker and I stayed here for a business trip. Our travel funds are very limited, so I had literally called every lodging establishment in San Angelo to try and get an affordable rate. The oil boom's created ridiculous rates across the city. Everywhere I found was either $200+ or had awful reviews. As two women traveling alone, I did not want to compromise my safety or my coworker's. Luckily I found this place thanks to tripadvisor reviews the week before the trip, and they still had vacancies!

We originally reserved 3 nights, but had to stay a 4th. Susan was great in getting the 4th night set up for us, and let my coworker keep the lower rate for multiple nights in the same room. My coworker stayed in the Artist's Loft and I stayed 3 nights in the Santa Fe plus 1 night in the Country French room. Each room has its own unique benefits.

The breakfast nook was nicely stocked, and we enjoyed that we could take beer or wine to our room at night. I have a nut allergy and when I let Jerry know, he was very accomodating by providing nut-free pastries the rest of our stay. My coworker got sick during our trip and we appreciated Susan's compassion. Although cell phone reception isn't great here, the wifi is free and usually pretty good. We also enjoyed the unique setting where you can also view the work of local artists, including Susan and Jerry.

If I ever need to come to San Angelo again, I will do everything I can to stay here!

Room Tip: The Sante Fe has a king bed and renovated shower, but can be a little bright at night from the lit u...
Green Features: Love that they had recycle bins and towel reuse notices in the rooms. I wish they would add another recycle bin to the breakfast nook. I don't think leaving the towels on the floor does anything-- you have to call to get these replaced if staying multiple nights.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Saba, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We found the Inn at the Arts Center when looking for an alternative to the very expensive hotel rooms in San Angelo. I had meetings to attend and wanted to stay 2 nights to save driving 2 1/2 hours with the price of gasoline rising! We found Susan to be VERY accommodating and welcoming. The room was clean and charming, the breakfast nook was ever so much better than hotel continental breakfast and available 24/7. A quiet patio was available to sit and relax in the evening or morning--afternoon too hot! Walking around the patios with a cool drink in hand was so much fun--just wish I had not been in meetings all day and had more time to prowl around the artists' shops when they were open. My husband and I will look forward to our next stay there!

Green Features: Very environmentally friendly. Recycling containers available. Linens can be reused.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business