Inn at the Art Center
$84
$101
$88
HIExpress.com
Residence Inn San Angelo(San Angelo)
$159
$124
Residence Inn
All reviewsb bsanta febed and breakfastsilo restaurantspiral staircaseenjoyed our stayguest roomswe've stayedgreat showera great place to staysusangalleriespotterygoodiesfunkycreativitymosaics
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We didn't get to explore the entire Art Center (we arrived late in the afternoon), but the Inn was a pleasant experience. The hosts are friendly and helpful folks, and the room (Santa Fe) was well appointed and comfortable. We'll go back and stay at the Inn whenever we are passing through San Angelo, and make certain we have plenty of time to see the art studios.

Room Tip: The Santa Fe room has a king sized bed and is convenient to the secure parking area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We enjoyed our visit to the Inn so much, that before we left, we booked another weekend. The hospitality just can't be beat. West Texans are so down to earth and have such big hearts! We came to participate in a Fiber Arts event, and were so amazed by all the local talent found at the Chicken Farm Art Center, where the Inn is located. We also ate at SALT, and that is one romantic dining spot. And the food is fabulous.Overall, our weekend was such a pleasure. We look forward to spending many more weekends at the Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband is active duty over at Goodfellow AFB, and this was my 3rd visit out to San Angelo- we've stayed in chain hotels, but they are so plain and impersonable. For our anniversary, I wanted something special. I had found this Inn online, and booked The Artist's Loft for the weekend. The title alone made me curious. All of our previous experiences with Texas was cowboys and republicans; we needed some ART to make us feel at home! After driving 9 straight hours, I was greeted with a friendly smile and a big hug from my hostess Susan. I felt like I was with family and not a stranger in a strange land! She showed me to my room where there were fresh cut flowers, and all the amenities I would need. The room was absolutely fantastic, and had a LOT of character and personal touches! Not to mention access to a stocked kitchen 24 hrs/day! My husband got out of class at midnight and all of the stores had stopped selling alcohol by that time, but we were able to have our pick of wine or beer back at the Inn! There were fresh baked scones in the morning which were the best I've ever had, and plenty of other breakfast choices. It was also nice because the courtyard is surrounded by the artists galleries, and there was plenty to look at and peruse- you really didn't need to leave to find entertainment! It is certainly a diamond in the rough! Well worth it!!! Creative, quirky, unique, inspiring, beautiful, amazing!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

A great concept: sleep in an old grain silo. A great setting: convert an old chicken farm into an artist colony in backwater San Angelo, TX that has artistic roots and vibe.
A not so great plan: leave the decor in the 90's and don't pay attention to basics like linens, HVAC (bedtime temp due to the window AC unit was 80-85 F) and voila,...you get opportunity lost.
With a bit more care this could have been a real winner. As it was, give me Spring Hill Suites!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I found this marvelous B & B on the Internet - funny since my family has been in San Angelo for over 100+ yrs. The Inn at the Art Center has become my home-away-from-home during my many trips to San Angelo to care for my parents. It's such a comfort to know that I'll find a clean, welcoming room at the end of the day - and a place to make coffee at the crack of dawn. Susan and Jerry are such warm folks - they make you feel so special. The incredible selection of goodies in The Nook proved to be a life saver for me one night when I was too tired and too filthy to go out to eat. My brother said it best - "it's like you're staying in your family home - you just want to take care of it." Thank you for providing a haven for weary travelers!

Room Tip: I love the Country French room - and it's right next door to The Nook!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family