“Best Breakfast..Less money”

Ranked #87 of 239 Restaurants in San Angelo
Description: Newly opened; phone 325-617-4468
Description: Newly opened; phone 325-617-4468
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate breakfast at the Peppercorn this morning. Wow! I found my new favorite place to have breakfast. I had 2 eggs, 2 bisquits, hasbrowns and 2 sausage patties. My husband had the Chicken fried steak breakfast combo. We didn't even pay 20 dollars and it was a lot of food. The food was outstandind. Our waitress was wonderful. The automosphere was quiet but homey. Its a place I will definitely be visiting again.

5  Thank wonder1979

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our 3rd trip will definitely be our last. It's really a shame we had such a bad experience, as we have always enjoyed the food. Our waitress was so overwhelmed by our table of 4 (I'm sorry we ever suggested it to my in-laws) we had to repeat our identical order of chicken fried steaks 3 times and she still came back asking questions. The wait staff gathered conspicuously in the lobby to complain while the owners and management sat in clear view, sending back food. The onion rings were undercooked and made me sick enough to get up and leave in the middle of our meal. I could go on but I graciously choose not to. The kicker here...when we called management (after paying full price and only in the interest of alerting management to our poor service and food quality) we were told and I quote "No, you must have a virus, we make everything fresh!" Wow. Not even an apology for the worst dining experience I have ever had. Thanks for arguing and hanging up pompous manager, you won your restaurant this review.

5  Thank 4evrtexan
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is ABSOLUTLY, the worst resturant, i have ever experienced. The chicken fried preshaped, mushy, something, had so much garlic in the batter, to cover up a freezer burnt taste, i only had 3 bites, the gravy was terribly seasoned and scorched, the menu said, steak cut fries, they were frozen,way to crunchy string potatoes, good thing i couldn,t taste them because of the chicken fried garlic steak. and all this for just $11.00, just glad i did not order the large order. poor service , wait staff never looks at you or checks on you, i was offered a discount but refused it , my fault for going in. never again. yum yuck. Come on this is TEXAS, and you can not make a decient chicken fried steak!!! my advice to the restraunt, SHUT THE DOOR !!!!

5  Thank eatacrosstexas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

So sad that the wait staff and the cooks could care less about the patrons. If you say something is not right or not good they ignore you the entire time. My money would be better spent at the corral.

5  Thank TBROOKS1971
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have eaten at Peppercorn Grill several times. They seem to have a problem when they have large parties in the back rooms, because service time to get your food takes a very long time. Staff is good about letting you know if the kitchen is backed up and provides drinks and rolls while you wait. The food ALWAYS comes out piping hot from the kitchen when you get it. I especially LOVE the all you can eat Catfish special on Friday nights. Some of the side items are bland (green beans and beans). The prices are a little high, but I am willing to pay higher prices for good, hot food. Not many restaraunts bring your food to the table with steam tendrils curled above the plate! I had to wait a few minutes to eat my catfish because it was steaming hot! I think they just need to improve on the wait staff letting people know about the daily specials. I think overall this is a good place to eat if you have the time and patience to wait for your food - it will be worth it in the end!

2  Thank Kahlanri