“Scary”
Review of Motel 6 San Angelo

Motel 6 San Angelo
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived at 9pm on a friday night and the parking lot was very full. As we drove around looking for a spot near our room I noticed how dark the area was. I saw people standing in the shadows drinking. I also saw a man pacing back and forth in front of our room. He looked very agitated and it really freaked me out. The outside lights eventually came on, but I had already made up my mind to leave. The front desk staff person was very nice about the situation and suggested moving us to another room, but I was still ready to leave. So, without any hesitation, she gave us a refund. I was happy they wasn't a struggle to get our money back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Angelo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Shannon,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The safety conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My son, grandson, and I stayed here for a weekend and were very pleased with the motel. We had two rooms: a double for them and a single for me. The room is very basic but updated decor is nicely done. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Morning coffee is ready by 6 a.m. It is in a very convenient location, and also has a family friendly pool. On leaving I told the staff is all Motel 6's are as nice as this, I'll be happy to become a permanent customer in my travels across the country. Only slightly negative comment -- my tall thin son thought the shower was cramped. It would be uncomfortable for a very large person. However, I have found my hotel of choice for San Angelo and the price cannot be beat! Many thanks to the San Angelo staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had student orientation on the 14th of July, so my parents booked a whole weekend to explore San Angelo. It's location is pretty spot on with all the amentities this town has to offer. I recommend getting a room that is away from the pool because the kids and parents have stayed out until almost 12:00 every night. I've told the manager countless times that I can't get any rest but he insisted that he will "take care" of the problem. He never did by the way! The rooms are small but comfortable and look great. They have flat screen t.v.'s along with stand up shower that looks quite unique. Price is fair compared to the overrated and overpriced hotels/motels that are left in this town. QUICK NOTE: 2.99 for wifi per 24 hours!!!!!! I would stay at this place again!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Sealyclos
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here based onTripadvisor reviews, so was surprised how much I disliked this place. Here's why:
1. Room smelled funny--like someone had smoked in it and they had tried to disinfect the scent away.
2. There was a large stain on the bedspread.
3. There was a hair in the washrag.
4. There was a hair on the sheet.
5. There was a even hair on the remote control
6. Both ice machines were empty and the only available ice was obtained from the clerk, who got some from a bag in the fridge in the employee break room.

I am not a complaining, nit-picky reviewer, but I really, really did not like this place. Motel 6-- never again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jayne1973Dallas_TX
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a no frills motel but exceptionally clean and well priced. Location was convenient and easy to find with restaurants nearby. Building was older but the remodelled rooms felt like new ones. The lighting was more than adequate and could be turned on or off without getting out of bed. AC was on when I arrived and parking is in front of your room. If you do not care about all the extra amenities like shampoo, large number of TV channels, etc., I would recommend t is Motel 6.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are newly remodeled with a modern look through out. Bed and pillows are comfy and they have new 32" flat screen tvs. The most remarkable part was the super speedy checkin and outstanding customer service. We were short a towel when we got into our room. So we called to have another one delivered. Not only did they bring it immediately, when we asked where the ice machine was (and it was back up front) the staff member went back up front and brought our ice to us!! It's hard to find this kind of customer service anywhere! We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Tammi F
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The location was prime to me sure to the fact that I had to be at the hospital down the street early the next morning. I stayed in a double, smoking room. It was very nice, did NOT smell of smoke (yes, I can still detect the odor), although it was a small room. The drawbacks were that because there was no carpet in the room, the floor was filthy and there was no hairdryer. Also, they may want to consider microwaves, even for an additional charge. Having a bad back, I carry my most heating pad everywhere with me, but I could use last night because I couldn't heat out in the room & I'm unable to walk very far, therefore could take it to front desk to have out heated.

• Stayed: October 2012