“Good Food, Good Service, Good Value”

Fuentes Cafe Downtown
Ranked #17 of 283 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nothing here blew me away, but this restaurant is good, solid Mexican/Tex-Mex for a very reasonable price. Our waitress was very nice and engaging. One thing they did well was the speed of service: I don't think it took more tgan five minites to get our food! This is because they have a wireless ticket system; the moment the waitress puts in your prefer, the kitxhen gets it without any lag time. I had the grounf beef flautas, which were good. My wife had a shrimp burrito, which was definitely above average. We had the tres leches cheescake for dessert, which was quite good. Overall, I do like tgis place and would return in the future.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (127)

Reviewed December 9, 2019

I received flour tortillas with my meal. One of the tortillas had something green on it, I showed it to the waitress who said something like it's probably just avocado. She didn't offer any replacements and she didn't get a manager. Never went back. this was before they closed for the repairs.

Date of visit: December 2019
JOHN F, Manager at Fuentes Cafe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Hi Dave, thank you for leaving us with some feedback. Customer service is extremely important to us, and one of our main values as a restaurant, so to hear that you received service that was less than stellar is disappointing. Rest assured that this will be addressed, and we do hope that you consider visiting us again so that we can show you that this is not the norm for our establishment.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

Nothing on the menu is not delicious. The taste of all the food is always excellent and never a let down. Best tasting Mexican food I have found in a long time.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Garry S
Reviewed March 4, 2019

The interior wall of Fuentes' downtown restaurant exploded and left the building devastated. This Mexican food favorite is being remodeled and will include upgrades throughout. But don't worry, Mr. Fuentes says the enchiladas and tacos will be made with the old traditional recipe.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Bad storms in Nov/Dec caused a building adjacent to collapse and damage Fuentes Cafe; however this allows for remolding and to reopen with good food and service.

Date of visit: February 2019