“A great find”

Packsaddle Bar-B-Que
Ranked #29 of 244 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 3, 2018

Let me be honest … I started with Blackberry Cobbler for my main course. Why not? it was fabulous. Then a grilled cheese that was wonderful. And back to Peach Cobbler for my dessert.
And when I am in San Angelo again - I will do this all over again.
Heather was our waitress and she was great !!!
Every plate I saw going to other tables look so delicious …

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner while on business. The staff was friendly and we were seated right away. I had the brisket plate with a salad and beans. The brisket was tender, but drowned in a thick tomato based sauce. It would have been better if the sauce was on the side. Pricing was fair, but I’ve had better.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Excellent, and very good food. Service was great, and the staff was great. Very reasonably priced also. Try this place.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Small place with not a lot of atmosphere. If you are ready for some good bbq this is a great stopping place. Very good food without a lot of frills. They do have a salad bar which appealed to us. It is not the usual "cafeteria" style which also appealed to us. Just passing through town but would definitely visit this place again if we return.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

San Angelo sits in the middle of no where but once you arrive it's a gem in the rough. So is Packsaddle BBQ. Upscale it's not, but down to earth it is. Tonight I tried the brisket and sausage combo. Both were amazing and must have. The brisket was moist and nearly falling apart. The bbq sauce is very good, although it would have been nice if they offered multiple sauce choices. Other than that this is a place you have to try. Well worth the trip!!!