“Good Food, Great Service, "Lively" atmosphere”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #16 of 225 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'll be truthful, Texas Roadhouse is not usually our first choice when dining out, although not because we don't like the food; it's just kind of noisy and difficult for my husband to hear. However, I was given a gift card, so we went there for New Year's Eve. I was off work so I went early to get a table and wait for my husband to get there after work. As it has been every time I have been there, I was greeted in a very friendly manner and seated quickly by the hostess. The waitress came by shortly after and I told her I was waiting for my husband. She took my drink order and was right back with it. She continued to check on me each time she walked by, until I was ready to go ahead and order our appetizer - The Blossom. It was brought to the table just before my husband got there, but Jessi (Jessica, our waitress) still came right back to greet my husband. Awesome service!

I ordered the 6 oz sirloin and chose my two sides. Hubs had the beef tips, which was something neither of us have had there in the past. Our food was out quickly and was piping hot. Jessi had us check our steaks (even on my husband's beef tips) right there to make sure they were done like we wanted. The steak was "melt in your mouth" good. I ordered mine medium, it was a little pinker than what I would consider medium, but it was still edible. I feel certain that if I had wanted it a little more done, there would have been no problem having that fixed. I tasted the beef tips and they were equally tasty.

Texas Roadhouse is a busy place, and there is a bar and televisions in a central location. There is a lot of conversation going on, and, as I said before, it can be quite loud, but that's not a bad thing...it's just the way it is. There are families and large groups there and it always seems like people are enjoying themselves.

We truly enjoyed our evening out. The food was good, but the service and the friendliness of all the staff were what really made it perfect.

There are newer reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

While visiting San Angelo we decided to stop in to this restaurant. We were greeted by a friendly staff, quickly shown to a booth and immediately greeted by our waitress Tara. Our waitress was excellent, friendly, professional and knowledgeable of the menu. We ordered the fried pickles and burgers both of which were very good. The apple dessert was very good as well. The atmosphere was fun and clean.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sirloin steaks were on special offer and were excellent. They even checked if they had cooked them right when they served them. Great choice of beers.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good Location, Good Food and excellent Service - dont miss this Place!
At the entrance there will be a Meat Vitrine - you can choose what you want.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant last weekend and had an experienced and professional waitress. Food was prepared well with a menu offering a wide variety of dinner entrees to suit almost anyone's appetite. Prices were reasonable and specials were great. Not a place for quiet conversation - quite noisy with a talkative and fun loving crowd! Would go there again and would no doubt enjoy it again!